Home

MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On

This is a discussion on MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On

With the glow of the Phillies World Series victory now subsiding, MLB fans are now settling into the Hot Stove season. It is a cherished, time-honored period when baseball aficionados attempt to cast aside the chill of winter to lament the faults of the season that has passed and the promise of the season to come.

It is a time when fans attempt to play GM, via conjuring up possible trades, while also targeting and analyzing possible free-agent acquisitions. But if you are not satisfied with mere discussion, there will soon be a way to turn those theoretical trades and signings into more of a reality. Enter MLB Front Office Manager, a baseball simulation game where you, the user, takes up the mantle of GM with the goal of winning the World Series.

Read More - MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On

Platform: Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Without a better on-field action experience, I am not buying......If I wanted a GM game only I'd just play Mogul.....Having a half-baked on-field experience turns me off

Hope I am proven wrong, but......
Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Rookie

vaughn99's Arena

OVR: 18
I've said before, but I'm stoked for this. I often find myself keeping 2 franchise saves in baseball video games (2K, MVP *sniff*, etc) -- the first one I try to play as many games as possible, the other I almost exclusively sim.

As for presentation -- I'd be satisfied with only "highlights" 3D and looking decent with basic 2D for the rest of the game. I'm sure 2K will figure out a way to ugly it up though.

Hopefully there'll be "edit player" function for MiLB players -- and even more better (yeah, I said it), someone on here does all the work to rename them!!!

Go OS.com!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
As I mentioned in my hype score. I am very interested in a more interactive on-field GM game. My only concern is 2K. If they can deliver a relatively bug free product compared to their other sports titles as of late this gen, then it is very promising.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
It looks very interesting and promising, I will definitely be checking it out, since I am already fixing for some serious MLB!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
if this sounds at all interesting to you try:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/

It is simply the best baseball gm simulator on the market these days. Imagine the above, but with historical play, full minor league support and players, complete customization with respect to all leagues, etc.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I've got my copy preordered. $40 is a decent gamble on a new console baseball experience. MLB 09 will probably own my soul too much to spend a lot of time on this one though.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29
im with Assu666 this game will keep me busy until MLB 09 definatley worth checking out for us hardcore baseball guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »