Home

MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On

This is a discussion on MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 32
2K shoulda put all of their effort in MLB 2K9. They're gonna need a huge effort to compete...
Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB Front Office Manager: Worth Keeping an Eye On

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
2K shoulda put all of their effort in MLB 2K9. They're gonna need a huge effort to compete...
As has been said in numerous other threads, the games are being developed by two completely different developers. This game does not affect 2K9 in any way.

This game has me more excited than any game in a really long time. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Deuce
As has been said in numerous other threads, the games are being developed by two completely different developers. This game does not affect 2K9 in any way.

This game has me more excited than any game in a really long time. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
Exactly- this is probably the 50th person that has made this bogus argument about 2K having to "focus" on 2K9. I've given up on correcting people who make that argument. Blue Castle did a great job with the Bigs and I'm anticipating good stuff. I'm a manage-only player almost strictly, so this is pretty exciting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9
I must admit that I hope that this goes off really well. I know that I will probably have to be happy with OOTP 9 cause I have very little faith in 2K anymore. I love OOTP 9 don't get me wrong but I wish I could have a 3D game engine to go with it. I hope that they do a game that will also allow for us to not see the ratings. I want to be real about things and just see stats. Last time I checked GMs do see a 89/100 on a guys player card when deciding if he comes up from the minors.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:51 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 17
Great write up Bryan.
While I was initially let down by the abbreviated 15 min game times. I think it'll work out better for me since I don't have quite as much free time as I did last year. If all goes well with the AI, this should be a huge hit with the hardcore target audience. It's certainly a day 1 purchase for me & the first manage only game I've ever tried.

I'm not sure how editable the players will be overall, but I have heard that you'll be able to edit the batting stances & deliveries.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #14

LL-Cool-P's Arena

OVR: 18

I must have been asleep for several weeks/months because I completely missed any info about this game.

Good to see a new addition to console baseball gaming.

Could be a great game, if 2K gets it right.

- Back like I never left -

Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13
OOTP9 lacks that something extra, to me. I think OOTP9 suffers from feature creep. I'm hoping FOM fills my GM hunger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 31
Good article...its an interesting concept but like some of you I've been playing in leagues likes this on the PC for about 12 years now.

Diamond Mind Baseball, ESPN uses it to predict the season every year and Rob Neyer is a pretty big fan of it as well.

On the console I'm not sure im into it....although some features sound fun. Online 30 team fantasy draft for sure would be great with a solid base of OSers.

This one is still on my radar but I'm thinking in the end I'd rather have MLB the Show '09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »