Home

WTF? (Where The hell is FIFA 09?)

This is a discussion on WTF? (Where The hell is FIFA 09?) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WTF? (Where The hell is FIFA 09?)

Peter Moore chimes in feeling a little bitter about his FIFA 09 ranking, or lack thereof, in Eurogamer's Top 50 Games of 2008.

Quote:
"Tuesday morning, coffee in hand and clad in my Liverpool FC officially licensed pajamas (you think I'm kidding, don't you), I log in and scroll down the list from 10 to 1, getting more excited as I get closer to the top spot. World of Goo? I'm sure it's fun, and the reviewers certainly loved it, but surprised to see up so high. Gears 2 - great job Epic. Left 4 Dead - delighted that we at EA were involved in getting this great title to market. Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - Scousers Rule! Fable 2 - Lionhead delivers. This is where I got a queasy feeling in my stomach. I know GTA IV was yet to come, as was Little Big Planet. And I hadn't seen FallOut 3 yet. I scrolled quickly all the way to the number one spot...Huh? WTF?? As in WHERE THE HELL IS FIFA 09???"
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: WTF? (Where The hell is FIFA 09?)

Moore: "But c'mon, one of the best sports games of recent times not even in the Top 50? This title will sell in excess of 10 million units when all is done and dusted, but doesn't even rank a mention?"

And his point is? Madden sells millions of units as well. That said, it's plain wrong that FIFA didn't make the top 50.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Meh... so what. There wasn't a single sports title on the list, unless you're counting racing. I don't really see why he's so mad. I could understand if PES was there, or any other non-EA sports titles, but that isn't the case. Boo hoo..
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
Meh... so what. There wasn't a single sports title on the list, unless you're counting racing. I don't really see why he's so mad. I could understand if PES was there, or any other non-EA sports titles, but that isn't the case. Boo hoo..
So then it's a short-sighted and incomplete list. Unless the site happened to be called Euro Non-Sports Gamer, which it isn't. Plus racing games are sports games, so what's that about? In other words, the main issue here is with the site and the review.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #5
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Moore: "But c'mon, one of the best sports games of recent times not even in the Top 50? This title will sell in excess of 10 million units when all is done and dusted, but doesn't even rank a mention?"

And his point is? Madden sells millions of units as well. That said, it's plain wrong that FIFA didn't make the top 50.
Madden probably would make a top 50 list for 09...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
Host

bronco92's Arena

OVR: 44
I'm looking forward to seeing if EG respond. No matter if you're a sports gamer or not, an EA fan or not, FIFA 09 is a high quality game and certainly one of the top 50 games of 2008.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Madden probably would make a top 50 list for 09...
Moore seems to be implying that because a game sells x number of units, it's a quality title. And that's not necessarily the case. Take Madden for example.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
So then it's a short-sighted and incomplete list. Unless the site happened to be called Euro Non-Sports Gamer, which it isn't. Plus racing games are sports games, so what's that about? In other words, the main issue here is with the site and the review.
Obviously it is not a very good, or complete list. And of course that is what the main issue would be.. Sorry, I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. I know racing is a sport too, but it's not really in the same league as a soccer, football, basketball, or any other main sport. I don't want to start an argument here or anything, and I don't think that other sports are any better.. I just categorize racing differently.

I just don't think it's really that big of a deal. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't publicly whine about not making this kind of list. I dunno.. it kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 01-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »