Home

MLB 09 The Show Official Box Art

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Official Box Art within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #17
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Official MLB 09 The Show Box Art

Any chance there will be some custom covers?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree w/ Enigma.. Dont matter who's on the cover, I'm a Yankee fan, and I ignored the Ortiz cover a few years back.. Manny was on MVP 2005, i loved that game.. In basketball, I ignore that KG's on the cover of 2k9..

I wish it woulda been Pujols on the cover.. Doesnt get enough love despite being the BEST player in baseball.. he was on mvp04.. but still.. jus cuz he doesnt play in ny or boston.. a videogame like this can show casual fans who the best player in baseball is.. He was really under the radar for having such an amazing season and being the NL MVP.. altho that coulda been cuz the cards were pretty bad early on.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don't care who's on the cover, I just care about the game.

Disclaimer: I only say this because a Cardinal has not be on the cover. Until that day happens, if it ever does, I'll pretend like I'm not saddened by the fact and will continue to make/use a custom cover.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 09 The Show Official Box Art

Well we all knew that Pedrioa was the guy this is old news. But it is kinda odd that they didn't announce the cover athlete before the box art came out. Hmmm, makes me wonder Cole Hammels or Jimmy Rollins would have been a better choice

Last edited by scott4171; 01-08-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #21
Rookie

jwired21's Arena

OVR: 5

I only look at the cover as I'm opening the game. After that I never look at it again since The Show never comes out of the PS3 anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #22
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't really care all that much who is on it, but I think they could have chosen a better picture. It isn't like he is a big home run hitter and it has him taking that big swing. I'd rather see a pre swing stance pic or a shot of him in the field.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #23
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

Well although I loath the Red Sox, I'll admit the little guy deserves it after the year he had. Now with that said, I'm hoping for some great custom covers like a few OS members made last year. I realize that the cover doesn't really matter much, but I actually keep my copy of The Show on display on my games shelf & there will be no Red Skunks displayed in my home. Last year I rotated between 5 different Yankees covers that I got off this forum (Mariano, Posada, Joba, Arod, & Lou Gherig...they were all awesome). I tried to make a few myself, but mine didn't compare.

Last edited by magoo1967; 01-08-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #24
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Nice...Its good to finally see the Official Box Art. It means that we are one step closer to getting our grimey hands on this game.

I also think Pedroia was a great choice for cover athlete this year. Even though I am a Yankees fan, I can admit a great player when I see one and Pedroia has proven that he is the real deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »