Home

Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here

As most of you know, the Skate 2 demo is available on the Marketplace for Xbox 360 users. The PS3 version will be out next week. Please post your impressions here.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here

anyone on 360 download this yet?

Last edited by GSW; 01-08-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Hopping on to download it in a bit. Leaving shortly though until about 7 tonight. Give my impressions then.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 01-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

I ended up going home for lunch and messed around with the demo for a bit.

The game is basically an evolution of the first...obviously, the first game was great so there wasnt much that needed to be changed.

The physics feel much tighter and the controls are more responsive...I felt like I could pull off the move I wanted to, with greater success than in the first skate.

The skater feels more responsive as well, as if he was weightier (which I definitely like).

Getting off the board is an absolute godsend for this game...being able to line up your trick while on your feet opens the game up that much more.

Also, now that you can get off the board comes the ability to move objects around the environment, which is awesome....I didnt have much time to mess around with it because of my lunch break and time constraints of the demo, but this will really open up the game...at one point I set a ramp up near manual pad and it changed the dynamic of the environment completely.

I tried some of the new tricks but didnt really mess with them too much...I think my number one wishlist thing with this game was to get off the board and they obliged.

If anyone has questions, fire away.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I raced home at lunch and grabbed it. When the download finished I messed around with it for about 15 minutes, but ran out of time before I had to come back to work.

I obviously loved the first one, though, so take that as you will. This feels like a tighter evolution of the engine. It's definitely evolutionary and not revolutionary, though. I didn't even try any of the new tricks, as busting the old ones in a new location was awesome enough. I'm going to log some serious time with this demo, I bet. Much like the first one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
I raced home at lunch and grabbed it. When the download finished I messed around with it for about 15 minutes, but ran out of time before I had to come back to work.

I obviously loved the first one, though, so take that as you will. This feels like a tighter evolution of the engine. It's definitely evolutionary and not revolutionary, though. I didn't even try any of the new tricks, as busting the old ones in a new location was awesome enough. I'm going to log some serious time with this demo, I bet. Much like the first one.
Could you tell much from the demo about the "out of bounds" type stuff? I'd hate for most areas to be "locked down" and be "illegal" to skate in...I don't know much about that, but most previews were minorly concerned they'd screw up the new city...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #7
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

is it a timed demo like the last one...

i spent some major time on that bad boy
Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Could you tell much from the demo about the "out of bounds" type stuff? I'd hate for most areas to be "locked down" and be "illegal" to skate in...I don't know much about that, but most previews were minorly concerned they'd screw up the new city...
Not at all...your confined to the skate park in the demo.

From what I heard there will be some difficulties associated with skating downtown, but I'm sure there will be plenty of other spots to skate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »