Home

Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #17
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Skate 2 Demo Available, Impressions Here

man, just get the demo, wait until the real version comes out, and if it is the same way then just stick to skate 1.

Im probably goign to buy it anyway
Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

When doing a kickflip 180 in real life you pre-load your spin and take it into account while performing the kick flip.

It would be impossible for the developers to show those subtle variations in the kickflip animation, because the spin is determined after the intial animation.

Is this game perfect?...no chance in hell, but the developers have truly pushed this physics engine beyond most games on next-gen.

To be honest, Skate was probably the first game to give me the sense that its actually a next gen game.

Last edited by ezekiel55; 01-09-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekey55
When doing a kickflip 180 in real life you pre-load your spin and take it into account while performing the kick flip.

It would be impossible for the developers to show those subtle variations in the kickflip animation, because the spin is determined after the intial animation.

Is this game perfect?...no chance in hell, but the developers have truly pushed this physics engine beyond most games on next-gen.

To be honest, Skate was probably the first game to give me the sense that its actually a next gen game.
I totally agree with you on the "real" 180 kickflip technique, but you understood what i meant by "board glued to the feet", as opposed to the more natural look of the Skate 1 animations, right?

In your opinion, what do you think changed in the animation process?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

i checked out some youtube video and couldnt see a board stick to the feet thing at all.

not anything worth not buying the game over at least.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital AK
I totally agree with you on the "real" 180 kickflip technique, but you understood what i meant by "board glued to the feet", as opposed to the more natural look of the Skate 1 animations, right?

In your opinion, what do you think changed in the animation process?
I guess I'm not understanding your complaint then.

Here is some footage of how I play the game (this is not my footage, just similar to my style of playing the game), and I dont really see a "glued effect."

Watch more video games and play free games at WeGame.

Then again, I play realistically and rarely do 360's (not really a big street trick unless you're Chris Cole)...for example, a 360 kickflip 360 (known as a big flip) is rarely ever done in real life and I never do it in game. I can imagine that it probably looks bad because the board has to be spinning on the same exact axis as the skater like they were teathered together.

I'm not trying to play the holier than thou card on anybody who enjoys this game, I just play it as realistically as possible and rarely do I see things look unnatural and wonky.

Last edited by ezekiel55; 01-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

Here's some more great footage (I dont have a capture card, so once again this isnt mine).

The creativity this game allows is mind blowing...watching these guys only progresses my skill in the game and pushes my creativity...I wouldnt have thought of alot of those spots and set-ups without watching these guys play.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Looks like pretty basic stuff to me. That's not even close to what's possible. Though I guess when it takes 5-7 minutes to set it up and the set up can get messed up it's not really useful for the demo.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #24
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Seemed pretty similar to me, in a good way. I didn't really move much around, and didn't really try much new stuff, but it just feels like more Skate, should be fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »