Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Ha. That's great. You had to take a the worst picture of the PC version and compare it to prove your point.

For anyone interested, here's a link to that same websites pictures of the 360 version, which provide more accurate pictures to just how stunning FIFA really looks:

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/fi...16163536218032
My bad. I never said FIFA didn't look good. I was actually comparing PES to FIFA - how PES is on the right track.

It's EA, man - it's already a given the graphics for FIFA would be legit. I didn't know it was a PC shot - thanks for the links anyhow.

Should I include a disclaimer stating I'm not trying to bash FIFA as well? Read all my posts in the FIFA forum - all positive and just dissapointed in some key elements.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #10
Rookie

Abar22's Arena

OVR: 5

Fifa is definitely a good game but it has major issues that ruin both Be A Pro mode and MM. In MM almost every team is set to pressure too much in their offensive third of the field. Combine that with the ability to close down and dispossess offensive players in a flash and you have route 1, end to end football. Even if you want to slow the game down by passing between the midfield and the back line you aren't really playing slow because you have to ping-pong the ball between the lines to keep possession.

You have the cpu buying up star players in the transfer market only to keep them on the bench. Then as the season rolls on and games are introduced in the middle of the week you get teams that are completely gassed because the cpu doesn't change their starting line-ups. If you add all those up get a very pretty, detailed, involved Manager's Mode that doesn't actually play very well.

It took me 60 or so games to really see the writing on the wall with Fifa. It's a fun game at times and good online but the mode crushing bugs that don't get a patch are too much to bother with.

For me Fifa wins in graphics, licensing, online play, and the features of MM. PES wins in BAL, the execution of ML, and represents the game of football the best on the field.

My 2 cents...
Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #11
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11
Still WE09 is the game for me. It takes a little bit to get the shooting and the passing to the wrong guy is bad but over all this game plays so much better the FIfa. I also have been playing this game since PS1 but if you are going to get this it is way better on PS3 then 360 just because of the controller that is if u play with the D-pad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I may have started it to an extent, so I apologize, but to be fair let's keep it about PES when possible...
Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
I havent played PES on consoles in a couple years but on pc PES is King and its not even close. Especially with all of the mods and patches folks put out.

Last edited by GOBLUE_08; 01-15-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pretty fair review I guess. However, I think PES's graphics are pretty good. The faces look better than Fifa's. I love how sharp the players are in comparison as well. But I really wish the animations were more like some of Fifa's.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint19
Pretty fair review I guess. However, I think PES's graphics are pretty good. The faces look better than Fifa's. I love how sharp the players are in comparison as well. But I really wish the animations were more like some of Fifa's.
You sure? Because Fifa has some faces that are pretty good as does PES. The thing Pes is hindered by is because it's graphics engine does not have enough texture like the faces in FIFA. It's why the faces in pes really look like pictures pasted on a maniquin. The thing PES has over PES is the kits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P12Bn1IdVI
Some look better on PES and some on FIFA. Look at Deco and Terry.

Last edited by ant0n; 01-15-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
Yes I do agree PES does a better job on player facial resemblances like the review says...bt like ant0n said, the engine isn't strong enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »