Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Feature List

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Feature List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Major League Baseball 2K9 Feature List

Check out the feature list for Major League Baseball 2K9.

Quote:
• Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you’re never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
• More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.
• Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.
• Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Getting info in a matter of minutes

damn it Ron is faster then i am. lol
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198336
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12

Gary Thorne will be almost awesome enough to make up for the horribleness of Steve Phillips.

- Mike Royko
Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

I wonder how smooth all this will run?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Banned

good to see 2k share in it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

From the 2K site:

"XBOX 360/Playstation 3
• Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you’re never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
• More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.
• Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.
• Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.
Swing Stick™ Advanced – Now you can really Play Ball. Improved batting controls give batters the ability to influence hits with timing and aim. Improved hit distribution and variety deliver more hit types including spray shots, pulls, line drives and long bombs.
• Inside Edge 2009 – Inside Edge produces remarkably accurate player tendencies. With more than 6 years of scouting reports infused into the action on the field, Inside Edge ensures that players react to in-game situations as they would in real life.
• 2K HD/Real-Time Atmosphere – An all-new Virtual Director brings in-game broadcasts to life in real-time with smart camera placement, angles, and cuts. Real-Time Atmosphere adds to the presentation package by bringing nuances to life throughout the duration of a game. Lighting, umpires, ball boys and coaches all move and progress naturally and seamlessly for a true-to-life ballpark experience.
New Broadcast Team – Gary Thorne provides the play by play calls alongside color analyst Steve Phillips giving a new perspective and more depth for a true-to-life, insightful
broadcast. With improved sound effects including real time crowd noise you’ll feel like you’re actually sitting in the park.
• Postseason Mode – New Playoffs Mode – Jump right into the post season without having to play through 162 regular season games. And if you win it all, experience a World Series® celebration in true championship style.
• Team 2K – An online competition lasting 10 weeks to compile a team of the best online players. Just play Ranked Quick Matches to compete and win prizes. * Void where prohibited. See 2Ksports.com/team2K for details.
• 2K Share – How do you play ball? Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly added Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com for all the world to watch and admire."

Really excited to read that they seemingly implemented their zone hitting ideas with the swing stick. Now, I might not be so critical of swing stick. This, I really want to see.

Also, I bolded the part about Gary Thorne, because I think that's great. Steve Phillips though...uggh...I hate that guy.

Al in all...GREAT list. Let's hope it integrates well.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 12

I'm really excited they're leaving in the Swing Stick. I thought they were going to revert to button-pushing with the addition of zone hitting. I've always thought aiming with the left thumbstick and swinging with the right would be the ideal system, and it sounds like that's what they're doing.

I'm also interested to hear more about the "Living Rosters" feature. Does that mean rosters will update in our franchises to stay up-to-date with the actual rosters? That would be pretty sweet.

Also interesting is the "MLB.com presentation." Someone else mentioned that it would be nice if they'd update player pictures when guys get traded. It looks like there's a deal in place with MLB.com, which I would assume would make it much easier for them to do little things like that.

- Mike Royko
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

This looks nice!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »