Home

Skate 2 Impressions

This is a discussion on Skate 2 Impressions within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Skate 2 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
What are the other cameras besides high?

There 2 High and Low.

The High is what you would expect. As you approach a jump in the crouch you can see above your guy really well and line it up. When you switch from low to high it seems like your guy moves soooo much slower from the low camera.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

Really appreciate the impressions. I'll be picking this up around 7Pm est tomorrow night. Any of you guys play online? PS3 that is.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

No custom soundtracks (that I can find) on the PS3 is BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
Rookie

btown12's Arena

OVR: 17

One thing I've noticed (and love) about this game is that the challenges in Career Mode seem much harder this year. I was able to pretty much cruise through each challenge in the first game but have spent 20 minutes+ on a few of the challenges so far. It's a very satisfying feeling to finally pull off a trick or a line after trying it 50+ times!

Also, being able to get off your board and move objects around to create lines makes this game worth the $60 alone. I've spent hours just roaming around the city, dragging around and setting up ramps, rails, picninc benches, etc...

Time to get back to playing, I've only been able to get about 6 hours in so far
Old 01-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtz
Really appreciate the impressions. I'll be picking this up around 7Pm est tomorrow night. Any of you guys play online? PS3 that is.
i do and a couple others will as well

i know aukevin does
Old 01-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by btown12
One thing I've noticed (and love) about this game is that the challenges in Career Mode seem much harder this year. I was able to pretty much cruise through each challenge in the first game but have spent 20 minutes+ on a few of the challenges so far. It's a very satisfying feeling to finally pull off a trick or a line after trying it 50+ times!
Yeah the challenges are actually challenging in this game. I just spent about 45 minutes doing the Haslam challenge. It felt awesome to finally complete it.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

My initial impressions are mmmmmmmeh.

Feels a too much like the first, as the new moves don't really add all that much... And it doesn't help coming across an area that I skated 1000 times in the first game.

The skate parks seem better, as does the city in general... Didn't even know you could change in game camera angle... How do you change the camera angle anyways?

Off board controls are downright atrocious... And the video editor honestly isn't all that great. I've had instances when trying to edit a clip and the camera will sort of jerk around for whatever reason and not stay steady... It's almost as if someone bumped into the camera man. Changing the camera didn't fix it either.

There's also been a high number of glitches so far... Like when skating into water, in one of the fountains... I sort of tilted over and glided along for about 15 feet...

And then there's the bail glitch that launches you unrealistically, which was in the last game, but not to the extent as in this one. Of course, crazy bails are a feature of Skate 2... For whatever reason.

I get the feeling that the ability to move things around will be the game's saving grace.

So far I'm not impressed. Seems solid, but only because the foundation they are using was already there.

This is for the PS3 by the way.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 01-23-2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: edit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #16
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I stunk at the first Skate, so I stink at this one too, but this one is definitely a bit harder. I've mostly just been doing the online freeskate challenges. They are fun, but there's a lot of pressure to complete the challenge in time since they are co-op goals.

Walking around is a bit weird, but it is a big improvement over skating everywhere.

The video editor takes some time to get used to, and it doesn't seem to have a camera style effect like the last game (black and white, sepia, etc), but the tripod view is pretty sweet. I uploaded a vid showing it off, but it isn't posted on EA's site yet. I'll link it here when it does show up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »