Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

Sounds like a basic preview & like most threads, the usual jab @ 2K Sports...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Am I the only one that got excited over them now having 30-40 different faces in the crowd?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #27
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I never understood, how anyone after an hour or two, can state as fact nothing changed much from this last year to this years game. With that limited amount of time should be prefaced by a disclaimer. I like what I'm hearing and I do feel as a "The show" vet, it is going to suffer from "sameness" that may take some luster of the title, it happens to all sports games because these games don't change much from year to year.

SCEA San Diego, please make an attempt at analog throwing like 2k, it should be a traded off, they implemented your base running technique, the least they could do is give in return. Don't go after that pitching thing, I like my games easily accessible.

Day and Night cycles, weather, franchise options (40-man, arbitration, rule 5, September call-ups), better lighting, more details, more "little things", 700 new animations, 400 new presentation screens, pitchers with jackets on, etc etc etc

Somehow don't feel, "sameness".

And I will pass to high hell on analog pitching. Pure and simple gimmick.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 38

thanks ! great stuff
Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Am I the only one that got excited over them now having 30-40 different faces in the crowd?
Yes. Yes you are, but the jackets got me all excited.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is a pretty naive statement. The Pirates don't do a whole lot the right way but I am certain that they have some players the Phillies or any other team would love to have...

I happen to agree with you on analog, but to say taking something from them if they do it right is ******** is a very poor statement.
the point is that they didnt do anything well in that game as far as gameplay. I will take the sig styles...but nothing else
Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

That's great that the pitchers have jackets but what about this statement: "but clipping is still an issue when the ball is in play." Hopefully this can be improved upon before the final edition is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Day and Night cycles, weather, franchise options (40-man, arbitration, rule 5, September call-ups), better lighting, more details, more "little things", 700 new animations, 400 new presentation screens, pitchers with jackets on, etc etc etc

Somehow don't feel, "sameness".

And I will pass to high hell on analog pitching. Pure and simple gimmick.
Those things I already know, I wasn't making the statement as a critisism, I was making the statement because of a simple fact, this game will get to the "sameness" level but the previewer made that assessment with only being with the game for a couple of hours. All sports games that have any heritage will suffer from sameness period. Madden, and NBA 2k are their right now. Its an eventuallity germain to annual releases and the fact that the sport doesn't change that much either. Its not a knock, its a fact, I'm just seeing how new blood can be pumped in the the game without it being gimmicy i.e. slam zone or circus catches. And for the record I don't want the pitching thingy in 2k, I would like the option of analog throws however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »