Home

Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
I hope they have a dynamic punch system of some sort.. Not all fight last 12 to 15 rounds and, not all of them end in the third either!!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer Community Questions

Oh my god, just those simple questions being answered has exploded my anticipation for this game to a perfect 10. The fact that they've got division rankings, multiple title belts, and new training games in legacy mode along with other features that have yet to be announced has officially "done it" for me. Hearing about the belts and entourages on the entrances is icing on the cake.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm such a hypocrite. I hate how there's mutliple belts in real life and yet I'm so happy that EA's going to give us that in a video game.

I wonder if champions will dodge or avoid other fighters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm such a hypocrite. I hate how there's mutliple belts in real life and yet I'm so happy that EA's going to give us that in a video game.

I doubt if they'll get that detailed man.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer some of the Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Is it me or did he dance around that sim or arcade question?..I mean we have heard the "we are trying to create the most authentic experience" line for all their games...Is it Sim or Arcade?..Point blank
he definitely danced around that question but i don't blame him....
If he clear-cut said sim, it might be a turnoff for the casual gamers.

I hope they're going more sim-minded but you'll never totally take out the arcade elements in fight night, I just hope they limit that stuff and make it an overall sim feel.

I'd love to experience a very very defensive match when fighting winky wright, bit will the majority of gamers feel the same way? I highly doubt it. They want Tyson vs Spinks in every match....
Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

I'm treating Fight night anticipation exactly like my wait for mlb 09 the show.

Great features on the show: progressive lighting, new difficulty level, better cpu ai,

last year's problem: too easy to hit

Great features on Fight night 4 : better career,more fighters, realistic entrances,

last year's problem: cpu was braindead....no adjustments/nothing , very static/robotic

BUT if the play on the field/in the ring doesn't match those other things will mean nothing to me.

those mentioned problems above need to be fixed first in order for me to enjoy the rerst of the features.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 01-27-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Sounds good, but..

Quote:
Brian:Yes, there is a Referee present for the Pre-Fight Instructions and Post-Fight Results. Any time there is a Knockdown, a Point Deduction, Fight Stoppage or Disqualification he is a part of the action too. During the second-to-second flow of the fight the Referee is not visible. This is for a couple reasons: it allows us to use those resources to draw higher quality boxers and it prevents instances where the referee gets in your way.
...damn! I got excited after reading the first yes. I wonder how they're handling breaks. I wonder if they improved clinching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #16
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Producers Answer some of the Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
he definitely danced around that question but i don't blame him....
If he clear-cut said sim, it might be a turnoff for the casual gamers.

I hope they're going more sim-minded but you'll never totally take out the arcade elements in fight night, I just hope they limit that stuff and make it an overall sim feel.

I'd love to experience a very very defensive match when fighting winky wright, bit will the majority of gamers feel the same way? I highly doubt it. They want Tyson vs Spinks in every match....
He said his goal was to deliver the most realistic boxing experience yet. That in my mind is Sim. I don't know about yall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »