Home

WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview

This is a discussion on WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
That's how I see it, "7stringking". "Terrible". Any time you don't try to progress a game, it's not good. The problem here is, each game took a step back. Let's look @ each installment:

2007: Same base as 2006. Only problem is where 06 had bad spots in AI, '07 AI was worse. Bad commentary as usual but the huge problem was an out-of-date roster.

2008: I can't really say a positive thing about this game. THQ should have mailed this one in. AI got even worse. There would be hardcore matches with nothing tangible in the air, but the computer would constant scale up the ladder for no reason. In Season Mode, Rey Mysterio could send you a threatening message but in the hallway you guys are "homies"?

2009: Okay, the AI stepped it up this year. Good visuals as well. Even had a Road To Wrestlemania mode. The problem here is no storyline for the created wrestler, which is huge staple for the SD! series since Day 1 and the mode itself is limited to 7 wrestlers with 2 of them being a tag team that's seriously out of date. Rey and Batista hasn't been a tag team since late 2005. That's over 3 years ago. Get hell out of here...
Old 01-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #10
Tiger Country

johnny4LSU's Arena

OVR: 8
FYI @crash davis.. yes i know warriors in the game and if you read what i wrote you'd see that. my point was that macho man should be in it also
Old 01-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: WWE Legends of Wrestlemania Preview

What were the wrestling games back on N64? NWO vs WCW ?

I don't recall, but I enjoyed those wrestling games. The newer ones I don't even check for anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
That's how I see it, "7stringking". "Terrible". Any time you don't try to progress a game, it's not good. The problem here is, each game took a step back. Let's look @ each installment:

2007: Same base as 2006. Only problem is where 06 had bad spots in AI, '07 AI was worse. Bad commentary as usual but the huge problem was an out-of-date roster.

2008: I can't really say a positive thing about this game. THQ should have mailed this one in. AI got even worse. There would be hardcore matches with nothing tangible in the air, but the computer would constant scale up the ladder for no reason. In Season Mode, Rey Mysterio could send you a threatening message but in the hallway you guys are "homies"?

2009: Okay, the AI stepped it up this year. Good visuals as well. Even had a Road To Wrestlemania mode. The problem here is no storyline for the created wrestler, which is huge staple for the SD! series since Day 1 and the mode itself is limited to 7 wrestlers with 2 of them being a tag team that's seriously out of date. Rey and Batista hasn't been a tag team since late 2005. That's over 3 years ago. Get hell out of here...
Well, I took mine back this year after one month, so I'm sure not saying it's a good game...Huh Huh

I too thought this year was a little better, but in the end this game just has not moved forward enough in terms of immersing the user into the world of wrestling...And getting rid of GM Mode was a killer for me
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

it sucks that Savage will not be in the game, IIRC didn`t he make sure that Foley is not in the game to. Kinda pisses me off that he is making sure guys are not in the game because he has a heat with them. Dang it just put the problems aside for a minute let them be in the game and give back to the fans who have made your business what it is
Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 PM   #14
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

I've read that you can import Smackdown vs Raw guys. I don't think this game is going to provide much replayability though. It seems like the controls are going to be too simplistic and arcadey. Lots of 3 and 4 min matches. Also, no story mode or season mode is going to make this pretty lame. I had high hopes for the game when i first heard of it but they've been coming down every time i hear more about it. I think they're just counting on people to by this based of nostalgia factor but I don't think there's gonna be a ton of substance to the game. Probably fun for one rental but not a buy.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
Well, I took mine back this year after one month, so I'm sure not saying it's a good game...Huh Huh

I too thought this year was a little better, but in the end this game just has not moved forward enough in terms of immersing the user into the world of wrestling...And getting rid of GM Mode was a killer for me
See, it's reasons like that why I'll never a game before reading the review. On top of that, I'll never pay more than $35 for a game anyway. The terrible game was '08. 09 was merely average and I don't really like to buy average games when it comes to sports. I'd rather keep the old game (SD! vs. RAW 06 in this case) until THQ drops something that shocks and awes me. I feel you about the GM mode. That was awesome and should have never been scrapped!

Last edited by swiftychampleone; 01-27-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10
I want this game but I don't see myself paying $60 for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »