Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 AM   #9
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Every review...

Chugging framerate, better commentary, dumbed down controls (apparently dumbed down umps too, according to this), the end.

I give up on these early reviews...lol. I need to see the game finished and in motion before I can say anything for sure...but I'm worried that "our guests seemed surprised by the poor framerate in the demo they brought over" means that they are unaware of what might be the source of their framerate issue.

We'll see...
I hear you. Every preview i read just keeps pushing me away from this game. I'm going to wait and hear the impressions from everyone here first before i purchase this game. I really want 2 good baseball games this year but right now i know one is going to be great for sure. Just SAD
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #10
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Oh great, now one of the 2K mods is locking threads that mention the framerate problem:
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204201

Hopefully, it's just that one mod's twitchy finger and not anything more serious.

I still think the VC devs will get it worked out, but it doesn't help that we can't even talk about it on the 2K forum......
Wow that's just what people want to here lol
Old 01-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Oh great, now one of the 2K mods is locking threads that mention the framerate problem:
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204201

Hopefully, it's just that one mod's twitchy finger and not anything more serious.

I still think the VC devs will get it worked out, but it doesn't help that we can't even talk about it on the 2K forum......
lol...

"Isnt Gamespy an affiliate of IGN? I have to wonder if the higher powers dont have a final say in things like this and make sure all their editors say basically the same thing. IGN doesnt hold a lot of credibility with me"

"No one has played the final version of the game, and all this commotion is raised over the few words of, in my opinion, a less than credible source. Be patient. Heck they arent even showing you video to prove what they are saying, so its just heresay.

This thread shall be locked too as there is no reason to start panic based off of opinion or heresay."

So you put the game in the hands of reviewers, they all come back with framerate worries, and it's uncredible heresay?...lol.

I wonder if anything positive that was said is also heresay...or maybe just an ordinary game review

Goodness. At least it's just another mod at the site saying this junk rather than an actual rep.

Oh well, like I said...a couple of brisk reviews isn't anything to get worked up over, one way or another.

Just thought that mod was funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:32 AM   #12
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, I got a laugh out of it too. Thankfully (atleast in this case) the mods over there are just average Joes and really know nothing about what's actually going on at 2K.

I'm sure we'll be hearing from Gamespot/IGN, etc in the weeks to come about the progress of the game (and hopefully the improved framerate) before it's released. However, it would be nice to get a little more assurance straight from 2K on their forum.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, I got a laugh out of it too. Thankfully (atleast in this case) the mods over there are just average Joes and really know nothing about what's actually going on at 2K.

I'm sure we'll be hearing from Gamespot/IGN, etc in the weeks to come about the progress of the game (and hopefully the improved framerate) before it's released. However, it would be nice to get a little more assurance straight from 2K on their forum.
Good luck with that. Their forum is better than it was (I do give Ronnie credit for that) but the lack of communication (or false promises) are the same as ever over there.

Plus, I'm not sure how well assurances will go over...lol. Weren't we assured that everything was fine up until release last year?

Hopefully, now that the info stream seems to be flowing, we get some videos. Plus, I'm hoping some of these sites (including OS) put some real reviews up soon enough and not these "Well, the framerate is bad but, neato...the pitching/hitting is easier!" type reviews...lol.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Good luck with that. Their forum is better than it was (I do give Ronnie credit for that) but the lack of communication (or false promises) are the same as ever over there.

Plus, I'm not sure how well assurances will go over...lol. Weren't we assured that everything was fine up until release last year? .
Oh I know all too well of the empty promises on that forum. I was just saying in a perfect world, it would be nice to get some actual info from the devs there, but all I can do is dream about that......

At least Ron seems to be doing a wee bit better of a job this year. My guess it that most of the empty promises last year had to do with the crappy development team (Kush) giving false info to Ron (about patches getting passed to MS, etc)

Last edited by jeffy777; 01-28-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 AM   #15
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:

Plus, I'm not sure how well assurances will go over...lol. Weren't we assured that everything was fine up until release last year?

Hopefully, now that the info stream seems to be flowing, we get some videos. Plus, I'm hoping some of these sites (including OS) put some real reviews up soon enough and not these "Well, the framerate is bad but, neato...the pitching/hitting is easier!" type reviews...lol.
Actually last years preview around this time said the same thing about 2k8. They said it had framerate problems and hopes 2k can fix them before release. Wow this reminds me of last year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #16
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Actually last years preview around this time said the same thing about 2k8. They said it had framerate problems and hopes 2k can fix them before release. Wow this reminds me of last year
I know...but as I recall, 2K was on board doing damage control saying not to worry. That's what I meant. Assurances won't mean anything to people who already feel burned and are skeptical. We'll just have to see the finsihed product before we can feel "assured" of anything...one way or another.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »