Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Hands-On Preview (Gamespy)

Scarry stuff especially for ps3 owners , If I remember correctly they basically lied about this problem that year The framrate watch starts now.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #18
DickDalewood

OVR:

Haha, framerate issues STILL?

After last year, you'd think that would have been the FIRST thing they fixed. Just about every sports game has figured out how to achieve 60 fps, yet two years in 2K still can't seem to... Hell, last year they removed half the crowd and couldn't do it, how do they expect to do it with this "living world" idea???

Bad, 2K, bad!!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #19
Rookie

SimBaller's Arena

OVR: 14

Just so you guys know, optimization is at the tail end of the to-do list. It only makes sense to get everything into the game and THEN do FPS optimization. Showing the game to IGN, Gamespot, et al was a formality of showing off our focus and direction with the game this year. In no way does it represent the final product.

When you pick this game up off the shelves, it will be running 60. Wait a month and you'll see for yourselves.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
When you pick this game up off the shelves, it will be running 60. Wait a month and you'll see for yourselves.
While this is great news, do you have an idea what caused the problems in last year's game when it was set for retail release? They were expecting 60 FPS as well.

Also, do you know of the PS3 version?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Just so you guys know, optimization is at the tail end of the to-do list. It only makes sense to get everything into the game and THEN do FPS optimization. Showing the game to IGN, Gamespot, et al was a formality of showing off our focus and direction with the game this year. In no way does it represent the final product.
The sense of relief is immeasurable. I always knew optimization came late in the game, but I never knew how late.

I also was just about to post that, due to the flood of panicked people in these threads (myself included), VC was going to have to get "ahead" of this story and respond.

You've given me great hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Simballer, you are very well respected around these parts, so I will take what you say as word, but also be mindful that many of us have had to deal with Frame Rate Issues since this title has hit Next-Gen & this is why most of us are little disappointed in what we've seen in the previews we've read.

We know coding games is not easy & really respect & appreciate all the work you guys put into making these games we enjoy. Thanks for coming out & hopefully re-assuring the community that this game will run 60 OTB
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

This is reassuring. Not that it matters to me because I have both systems and was planning on getting the version that has the better framerate.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

Thanks for speaking up, SimBaller. A solid 60 FPS would do wonders for the gameplay, especially online. I had some great games over Live with my brother-in-law in 2K7, but we couldn't even play 2K8 online (we did get a few decent ones in the old-fashioned way). Hopefully the team can get things running smoothly in the final build and release an improved game. Gotta have my baseball fix...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »