Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: MLB 2K9 Preview (TeamXbox.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Phillips...hate him. BUT, I don't mind hating him in a video game, if that makes any sense.
2K replaced the announcers in NHL 09 this year, but instead of writing fresh new dialogue, they just recycled the same old tired script. What if they gave Phillips all of Joe Morgan's old lines? Would you mind having to hate him in a video game then?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
2K replaced the announcers in NHL 09 this year, but instead of writing fresh new dialogue, they just recycled the same old tired script. What if they gave Phillips all of Joe Morgan's old lines? Would you mind having to hate him in a video game then?
Then I would either have to shelve this game or play it muted...lol. That would be cruel
Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Wow after reading this article I once again have hope for mlb2k9. I'm glad we got some positive things said in this article. Framerate and visuals seem tight. Like baa7 said, this game has been an emotional rolacoster LOL. Man this is great.
so it's not "safe to say" anymore?? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
Banned

Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

What we're in for if they haven't written new lines for these guys:

Gary Thorne, feigning sincere interest: So Steve, YOU'RE a Hall of Famer. YOU played on the Big Red Machine. What was THAT like?

Steve Phillips, droning: Well, Gary, baseball has changed from my day. We didn't have all that protective equipment that makes hitting much easier. Plus the strikezone was from the eyes to the ankles, and that's only when the pitcher wasn't throwing at your head and brushing you back, something they don't do today. But to get back to your question: base stealing was much tougher back then because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Last edited by baa7; 01-29-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
What we're in for if they haven't written new lines for these guys:

Gary Thorne, feigning sincere interest: So Steve, YOU'RE a Hall of Famer. YOU played on the Big Red Machine. What was THAT like?

Steve Phillips, droning: Well, Gary, baseball has changed from my day. We didn't have all that protective equipment that makes hitting much easier. Plus the strikezone was from the eyes to the ankles, and that's only when the pitcher wasn't throwing at your head and brushing you back, something they don't do today. But to get back to your question: base stealing was much tougher back then because blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
...I'm not so sure they'd copy THAT directly...lol. Plus, I'm sure they'll have him shamelessly plug his GM experience hoping for a job. Maybe one of the visual overlays will be his resume. Can you imagine what ESPN will be like next year? Phillips is actually JOINING Miller and Morgan...horiffic...lol.

Now we just need to squeeze Tim McCarver in and the rambling will be complete...lol.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #14
Banned

"2K also reduced the amount of graphics overlaying the screen during the pitching portion to simplify the display."

THAT'S terrific news. Two major complaints I've had with the game the past 2-3 years are no zone hitting (CHECK!) and the obscenely cluttered screen when pitching: ball icons, pitch targets, headache-inducing yellow circles... Hopefully CHECK! on that one as well now.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #15
DickDalewood

OVR:

I'll just say this:

I find it very interesting that three previews mentioned the subpar framerate, yet the magazine exclusive to the system that only has one baseball game to choose from somehow has a copy that is fine?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I'll just say this:

I find it very interesting that three previews mentioned the subpar framerate, yet the magazine exclusive to the system that only has one baseball game to choose from somehow has a copy that is fine?

I don't think he was referring that he got the better version out of the other 3 who had the same build. I think he was just implying what they saw on a 90% build-the game appeared more solid than the previous installments. Also indicating the producer made it known that the game has still yet to go under any graphical optimizations.

Last edited by driz14; 01-29-2009 at 08:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »