Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I know many people aren't fans of last year's timing only model.
With the exception of the timing-only thing, I thought it was the best hitting system I've seen in a game. I mean best as in most fun, and most challenging (I cranked step-influence and pitch speed up to 100). I just wanted to add the element of aiming the bat. Other than that, it's a brilliant hitting system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I do have to admit though, the preview did give me a LITTLE hope.
I've already arranged to rent the game when it first comes out -- I know the manager at my local Blockbuster. So I'll be making my purchasing decision based on cold, hard gaming experience, and not just hope.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:54 AM   #27
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I've already arranged to rent the game when it first comes out -- I know the manager at my local Blockbuster. So I'll be making my purchasing decision based on cold, hard gaming experience, and not just hope.
Baa, I'll be relying on you. I took your advice and checked out The Show 08 for PS2 and loved it (except for the last-gen graphics). If your impressions of MLB 2k9 are good, I'll strongly consider buying it. Otherwise, I'm going with The Show 09 for the PS2.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
With the exception of the timing-only thing, I thought it was the best hitting system I've seen in a game. I mean best as in most fun, and most challenging (I cranked step-influence and pitch speed up to 100). I just wanted to add the element of aiming the bat. Other than that, it's a brilliant hitting system.
We agree far more than I ever realized .
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

Anyone know for sure how 2k8's framerate was on the ps3 vs the 360. I'm wondering if the other reviews could have been on a ps3 where as this was on a 360.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've got to say this game has ALOT of promise. Some things I'm hoping for.

No dumbing down of the franchise mode. Another words I hope AAA-A teams are still included and they continued to go with real minor league stadiums.
Eliminate the game killing bugs. Yes, the game will have bugs I'm sure but hopefully they will be more along the lines of annoying and less of the game killing type.

A move in the right direction will once again pump some much needed life into this series and from what I'm reading there is a strong possibility of that happening.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
Baa, I'll be relying on you. I took your advice and checked out The Show 08 for PS2 and loved it (except for the last-gen graphics). If your impressions of MLB 2k9 are good, I'll strongly consider buying it. Otherwise, I'm going with The Show 09 for the PS2.
Hey, glad to hear that about The Show. Can't go wrong with the PS2 version, seeing it's essentially the PS3 version, minus the graphics and some non-gameplay related features. The manager at Blockbuster is going to let me kniow when the game is coming in, and they sometimes have their new games on the shelf on release day. Chances are though it could be a day or two later, so...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im in im out,in out,in out,in out,in out its tearing me apart!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »