Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Hands-On Preview (Videogamer)

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Hands-On Preview (Videogamer) within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: UFC 2009 Undisputed Hands-On Preview (Videogamer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Someone at Sherdog got to play the game for a while and answered questions in a post.

He said he didn't have or see a single fight go to a decision.

That bothers me too. I want to actually have close fights that end up in decisions. I don't want to see knockout or sub every time I fight.
Like aholbert said, I've got to wonder how they play. I know when the game drops we'll be seeing "ZOMG My guy is gassing in the 1st round, whyyyyyyyy?" posts because people are just throwing bomb after bomb and missing. Also, if one of the people playing the game sucks, then you're likely to get a finish, you know?

I am willing to bet that it's slanted more towards finishes than decisions though, because they want the game to be fun for everyone. Look at how much everyone's bashing Machida for being boring and taking fights to decisions....they didn't want the game to become that either. Tough line to walk.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Someone at Sherdog got to play the game for a while and answered questions in a post.

He said he didn't have or see a single fight go to a decision.

That bothers me too. I want to actually have close fights that end up in decisions. I don't want to see knockout or sub every time I fight.
This just doesnt worry me. For example, weve probably seen 4-5 videos of people playing this game. What have we seen in every video? Nobody tries or even attempts to block. Shoot, I think I've only seen one guy attempt a takedown. Why? Because its easy to pick up the game, mash the buttons and throw punches and kicks. Once people learn how to block, takedown and defend submissions, I think you will see more decisions.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 23

Didn't they originally announce that they would release a new version every year?

If thats the case, then I could handle fights rarely going to a decision if thats really the case. I'm sure we will have alot of problems with the 09 version that will be cleared up in time for 2010. Decisions or not, I'm pretty sure this game will keep me busy all the way up to the next release.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »