Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Coming to PC?

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Coming to PC? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Coming to PC?

This is great news and awesome to see that a sports game developer is actually giving the PC attention. Could we see the next versions of 2K's NHL, and, dare to dream, FOOTBALL games hit the PC as well? *drool*

Anyway, I look forward to this and will absolutely buy it, we PC sports gamers have to suppor these games whenever released in the hope of seeng more.

Having said that, it will A) have to be a quality game from the beginning, and B) be HIGHLY moddable for the MVP Baseball 2005 community to latch onto it, because that game is unbelievable thanks to the community mods. The realistic stadiums, amazing looking jerseys, totally accurate rosters from A to MLB, gameplay tweaks, etc, the game is just amazing thanks to people who do it all for free.

So while the graphical upgrade of 2k9 will be great to see, it's still going to have to be a quality game to make an impact on the PC. NBA2K9 was easy because the Live games on PC are horrible. But MVP 2005 has been great for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

I really hope 2k isn't screwing any pc'ers out there. Hopefully they will incorporate online play or at least ip to ip. If this baby does come out, mvpmods.com is going to have a massive immigration of new mlb 2k9 users everwhere on the internet. I'm praying this thing will be moddable.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I really hope 2k isn't screwing any pc'ers out there. Hopefully they will incorporate online play or at least ip to ip. If this baby does come out, mvpmods.com is going to have a massive immigration of new mlb 2k9 users everwhere on the internet. I'm praying this thing will be moddable.
Well Ron just confirmed it is on PC, but if its 20 bucks just like NBA game is, its not going to have online play i dont think.

Also, if the game is 20 bucks, i dont see how that is screwing anyone. lol
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I got a kick out of Ron's post on this:

"As I insinuated in my other posts the past couple weeks and as the trailer gave away, yes MLB 2K9 will be on the PC. I was planning on releasing that info officially today, but it was basically confirmed already."

Sounds like he did a Picard-esque facepalm when the trailer let it slip that it was going to PC.

Anyway, good news. Waiting to see the price point, because if it's only $20 like NBA was, I might not even wait to rent the PS3 game.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #29
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I got a kick out of Ron's post on this:

"As I insinuated in my other posts the past couple weeks and as the trailer gave away, yes MLB 2K9 will be on the PC. I was planning on releasing that info officially today, but it was basically confirmed already."

Sounds like he did a Picard-esque facepalm when the trailer let it slip that it was going to PC.

Anyway, good news. Waiting to see the price point, because if it's only $20 like NBA was, I might not even wait to rent the PS3 game.
Now if 2K can just make my dreams come true...and release All-Pro Football 2010 or something, on the PC, completely moddable... EA will be shaking in their boots again like when NFL 2k5 came out. I would buy 2 of them just because! I wish someone would emulate the Xbox version and bring it to PC! I like Madden 09, but there's something about 2k5 that will always reign! All Pro Football gameplay is good too...but not like 2k5. Who's with me?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #30
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Now if 2K can just make my dreams come true...and release All-Pro Football 2010 or something, on the PC, completely moddable... EA will be shaking in their boots again like when NFL 2k5 came out. I would buy 2 of them just because! I wish someone would emulate the Xbox version and bring it to PC! I like Madden 09, but there's something about 2k5 that will always reign! All Pro Football gameplay is good too...but not like 2k5. Who's with me?
Take a few deep breaths and look around...lol. This is the 2K baseball forum. Probably not the best place to start your crusade.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #31
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahc
That's what made MVP 05 for PC so great, all the mods making the stadiums completly realistic with ads and banners. This is a good thing.

As a long-time modder, I posted this over at MVPMods:

I've said this before about the possibility of another PC game, and i will say it again. Let's assume 2K9 does get released on PC...

We are so far away from making it anything near what MVP 2005 was. Let's look at history. In 1998 sports videogame modding took off after faces were introduced in NBA Live 98. Some very talented people at the NBA Live Series Center put together some tools and editors that allowed users to edit attributes and graphics. Five years later when MVP Baseball 2003 came out we were able to use those old tools to edit the new baseball game. Then someone stumbled upon Oedit for the stadiums. All of these programs existed.

We don't have a single program in existance that we know can edit 2K9. We are starting from scratch. We may never be able to produce a working attribute editor, let alone a graphics unpacker and repacker. Then we have to get into developing a program for editing structures, like Oedit.

We are a long way off.

Rglass isn't around, DangerZ isn't around. Arushan isn't updating Oedit. That's not to say some very talented modders couldn't build new editors, but to be honest this group of modders never has.

Good luck, but lets back up take a breath and get a hold of the game before we start talking about a editing Wrigley, changing the name of the site and all these other ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #32
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PC version of MLB 2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
NBA 2K9 got a good review for PC. It was basically the same game as the console version, so VC knows how to make PC games too, and I'm guessing MLB 2K9 for PC would be pretty much the same as the console version. Companies these days usually just port the console version over to PC.
NBA 2k9 on the PC was the same game from consoles save online play. Which sucked. But if you like better graphics and smoother framerate with the better PCs, I don't see how you pass it up. Basically, you're getting the same game. You save $30 with losing online play. Not bad.

Now that VC has taken over baseball and hockey, I would bet that they will be on PC just like NBA. We will see. But it's pretty clear from the image that it will be on PC and there's no reason to believe it won't happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »