Home

NCAA Football 10 Info

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 10 Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I don't think that is what it does. Instead of players that appear to have eyes in the back of their head, they will have actually seen the ball before making the play.
But if they are making plays now on ball they don't see. Wouldn't it be safe to say they'll make less plays under the new system of having to see the ball? Unless, the defensive AI is improved with the new system; i don't understand how the DB will make the same number or more plays under the new system.

I am not fighting the idea of it. Its how it should be. I just would think something else would have to be adjusted to compensate for the DB now having to see the ball. Whether that is improved awareness, or QB throws more offline, etc.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 02-05-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
But if they are making plays now on ball they don't see. Wouldn't it be safe to say they'll make less plays under the new system of having to see the ball? Unless, the defensive AI is improved with the new system; i don't understand how the DB will make the same number or more plays under the new system.

I am not fighting the idea of it. Its how it should be. I just would think something else would have to be adjusted to compensate for the DB now having to see the ball. Whether that is improved awareness, or QB throws more offline, etc.
Well, he already was seeing the ball. We just didn't have the tech to make the player look for the ball like we do now. That's kind of what I'm implying. This is just how I understand it... I'm sure I could be wrong! I'll defer to Ian on the effects of gameplay outside of anything cosmetic. As I said before, it will impact NCAA the same way it impacts Madden.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, he already was seeing the ball. We just didn't have the tech to make the player look for the ball like we do now. That's kind of what I'm implying. This is just how I understand it... I'm sure I could be wrong! I'll defer to Ian on the effects of gameplay outside of anything cosmetic. As I said before, it will impact NCAA the same way it impacts Madden.
Thanks for your time. It is appreciated. Its really a treat getting to talk to people from the dev team on the games we love to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks for dropping some information on us.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

The way I interpret the post is that now the DB will actually look at the ball before making a play instead of making a play with his back turned. It doesn't mean the DB "sees" the ball, it's just fixing the animation so that we don't throw a controller through the tv anymore because a DB made a pick with no awareness of the ball. The animation will make it look like the DB made a play on the ball instead of being psychic.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

I just had deja vu.

It's a good thing defenders will now look at the ball. But I hope this doesn't mean they will always look at the ball now. I think it should be something based on a player's rating as to when/how often he looks.

A DB with high awareness/coverage skills should look more often than a lower rated player. And when a player doesn't look, he probably shouldn't be able to pick it off. He also would be more likely to get PI called on him.

If this new tech is ratings-based, it should certainly help make the pass defense more realistic, especially the DB/WR interaction.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 39

So if I understand this correctly

There will still be the same number of catches, drops, knockdowns, interceptions etc...the difference now is that the animation will match action.

Last edited by thudias; 02-05-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I just had deja vu.

It's a good thing defenders will now look at the ball. But I hope this doesn't mean they will always look at the ball now. I think it should be something based on a player's rating as to when/how often he looks.

A DB with high awareness/coverage skills should look more often than a lower rated player. And when a player doesn't look, he probably shouldn't be able to pick it off. He also would be more likely to get PI called on him.

If this new tech is ratings-based, it should certainly help make the pass defense more realistic, especially the DB/WR interaction.
This is what the game needs. We need less ''wide open'' game play.

But at the same time, we don't need '08 happening all over again either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »