Home

MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i was finally able to check swing a couple times and it was nice when i did it on a 2 strike count and the 1st base ump punched me out with enthusiasm which was cool to see.

I also had a problem with my timing. I was playing 08 up until a couple days ago and was nasty at it but when i played the 09 demo the 1st time i was swinging early on everything, then after a couple innings i started to get used to the slight timing adjustment. Same with the pitching meter.

This game is great, i can't wait to play with my Yanks instead of these 2 teams.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
the only complaint i had is i hit a ground ball to the 1st baseman, Longoria was running to 2nd, Howard threw it to 2nd to get Longoria out and the throw was near his feet and he caught it, but as Longoria was sliding to what it appeared to be taking out Rollins but instead he went right through Rollins and never knocked him over or even touched him. He went through him and Rollins just stood there and turned the double play.

Now i know its only a demo so hopefully its fixed by release.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
i heard that the red circle with blue arrows around the user when on auto would be off this year. i turned everything off in the demo and it's still there. does anyone know if it will be there in the real game.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
Imagine if this same team would work on a football or hockey game. We can only wish, right?
I was thinking of the same thing..well, then again, I don't want to take away the focus from the Show. But yeah, would be nice for SCEA to drop a football game and hockey game on us
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
Excellent write up.... you are so right about the hitting. They absolutely did tweak it some. The first two inning I found myself swing like I did in 08 but in this 09 version the swings were early. It didn't seem like they slowed the pitches so it's very like likely that they spend up the bat speed. After recently switching from 2k I must say his is an amazing game. The creative forces behind this game truly deserve some serious credit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7
Well I barely passed my classes a year ago because of this game. And from what I can tell from the demo, I might as well just drop this semester. Haha, I'm just kidding of course, but this game is truely amazing.

Good write up. I agree with everyone who agrees with you about the hitting. It will take a little bit to get used to, but will be worth it. And I also wish the same team worked on football. Madden still hasn't come close to getting it right after 20 years.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 28
The animations, especially the outfielders, are greatly improved. Everything about this game screams, "Must Buy!!!"
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #24

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '09: The Show Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlyGilmore
nice writeup. I'll be making the leap to the PS3 this year just for this game. and so far it sounds like i won't be disappointed.

and yeah, the odds of Sony licensing The Show for the Xbox in a world without exclusive licenses is slim and none. If you want The Show the only way to get it is by dropping $300 for the PS3.
I would say do it if you love baseball, only if you love baseball. also Killzone comes out soon too, I would recommend that game as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »