Home

Made a small change this week...

This is a discussion on Made a small change this week... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
Made a small change this week...

I set weapon icons and any/all other graphical options all to off by default (like the weapons, icon hints, big pre-play controls menu, etc). So now when you play Madden 'out of the box', it looks ultra clean and pristine. To everyone I showed, they sort of breathed a sigh of relief when looking at it...just "pure football" again. The only thing you see is the score bug (which has been redesigned from 09 btw and I think pretty much everyone will dig it).

But before we ship it like that...what do you guys think? Do you prefer it that way? Do you use the pre-play menu? For our mass amount of buyers, do you think they need the helpers like the icons, weapons, pre-play menu, etc?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Made a small change this week...

I think the majority of the people that buy Madden need the helpers. For us who don't want them on, we can take them off ourselves. I think more people prefer the icons on than off.
Minnesota Wild
Old 02-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11

I like weapons off
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I set weapon icons and any/all other graphical options all to off by default (like the weapons, icon hints, big pre-play controls menu, etc). So now when you play Madden 'out of the box', it looks ultra clean and pristine. To everyone I showed, they sort of breathed a sigh of relief when looking at it...just "pure football" again. The only thing you see is the score bug (which has been redesigned from 09 btw and I think pretty much everyone will dig it).

But before we ship it like that...what do you guys think? Do you prefer it that way? Do you use the pre-play menu? For our mass amount of buyers, do you think they need the helpers like the icons, weapons, pre-play menu, etc?
With the weapon icons, I think you will do fine without them. You did fine without them in the past. Unless you are going to program specific abilities and attach it to weapon icons so that players with certain icons have special animation sets, I just think the game would look alot cleaner without all of that stuff in there.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

To answer your question, NO the masses do not need this. The weapons and all that in my opinion should have never even been done to begin with, its all pretty much just eye candy. I started playing Madden when I was about 8 in "91". Madden never had any of that back then and thats when you guys were building the dynasty that Madden has become today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Leave them off. The only thing I ever look at pre-play is the coaches view toggle that shows the play I've called.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

On a side not Ian I know you mentioned on your twitter about a possible update Sunday to combat "The Show" demo. That demo has gotten higher praise then I have ever seen any sports game get (Untill Madden 10...Hopefully). I was just wondering if your have made your decision yet on giving us more info? Thanks!

Last edited by ch46647; 02-06-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

GREAT IDEA, They make everything look fake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »