Home

Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters

This week we are starting to go through the rosters and tune each individual player's body to match their real life counter part.

I know as a fan when one of your favorite players is wrong it can take you out of the experience.

So the question to you is: Which players need the most work? Please give specifics. On the flip side are there any players you wouldn't touch?

Thanks as always,

Mike Y
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Tuning Individual Characters

Sorry that the first response isn't an answer to your question(s) but I just wanted to state that I am digging this community interaction and its only Feburary.

Keep up the good work and thank you very much for looking for and listening to our feedback.

Now I'll step out of the way and let the requests begin.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21

To be honest countryboy it is an honor and privilege to work on a game that people actually care about year around.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

I agree with Country thank you so much for coming on here and speaking to the community on your free time! To be honest I thought you guys pretty much used the same player model, by position, for everybody? Maybe just adding some height and weight to different recievers and stuff?

How much work goes into each individual player? Just curious

This is actually what makes NBA 2k so realistic to me. Each players body looks exactly what their bodies look like in real life. You can really tell the difference between each individual player. Maybe you guys can match that effort in this years Madden!

Last edited by ch46647; 02-07-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

well i think you should take out the really slim player models that came especially in the draft classes i found it most with safeties and corners
also theres a few DEs that look like receivers lol

one last thing is it just me or did randy moss had a skinny body but a large head maybe just me but idk
thanks for asking for our opinions the last couple years
its been greatly appreciated i cant wait for august
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Vince Wilfork could be a little larger.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

IMO the speedy little receivers like desean jackson, ted ginn etc looked too thick in madden 09, they need top be thinned out a little bit.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
IMO the speedy little receivers like desean jackson, ted ginn etc looked too thick in madden 09, they need top be thinned out a little bit.
They look just fine to me .. any thinner and they may look like children

I know its not completely responding to the topic here, but I think I these positions need tuning as a whole rather than just certain players:

Halfbacks: They simply aren't meaty enough, they need much larger lower bodies, and their frame needs to be a lot thicker. A lot of them look like receivers to me.

Receivers: The powerful and aggresive ones need to be a lot thicker, for example TO or Anquan Boldin, these guys are 220-230, they don't look much bigger than guys that are 190 in my opinion

.. Is it possible to have a "thin, built, thick, huge" kind of frame related system, and be able to edit our player's proportions from that? I think that would solve a lot of people's issues with what someone is built like

Last edited by Unforgiven; 02-07-2009 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »