Home

Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Tuning Individual Characters

Not related to players, but they are characters. Have you guys started modeling the new head coaches?

Is there any way to ask the new coaches what they would wear during the season so you know what to aim at?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Haloti Ngata (340 lbs) looks skinnier than Kelly Gregg (300 lbs). I know he's more muscular than Gregg, but he should still look a lot bigger. I forget if it was already fixed, but at one point, Ngata's skin looked too dark and he pretty well looked black (might've been 08). Haruki Nakamura's skin colour was also way too dark. I'll pop the game in to check.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

49ers:
1. Frank Gore- his legs need to be thicker and his whole body more like a square shape.
2. Patrick Willis- something about his shoulders doesn't seem right. Not quite sure about that one.
3. Isaac Bruce- skinnier and more ripped arms. You can really see his veins and muscle structure because he is so skinny. If you are in charge of this also; Bruce is almost always smiling.
4. Nate Clements- his biceps are more round and defined. His arms look bigger than most cornerbacks, but not Brian Dawkins size. His skin is also lighter in real life.
5. Justin Smith- he wears his jersey tight and has a little bit of a belly.
6. Shaun Hill- again I'm not sure if you are in charge of this or if it is possible; his jersey sleeves are loose and his rib protectors make him look thicker around the ribs but with a small waist.
7. Vernon Davis- his legs and arms need to be thicker. He should look like a horse when running down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Kendall Langford, Dolphins DE, weighs about as much as fellow Fins DE Phillip Merling, has two inches of height on Merling, but looks much fatter than Merling. Langford's slightly lankier than him.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
They look just fine to me .. any thinner and they may look like children

I know its not completely responding to the topic here, but I think I these positions need tuning as a whole rather than just certain players:

Halfbacks: They simply aren't meaty enough, they need much larger lower bodies, and their frame needs to be a lot thicker. A lot of them look like receivers to me.

Receivers: The powerful and aggresive ones need to be a lot thicker, for example TO or Anquan Boldin, these guys are 220-230, they don't look much bigger than guys that are 190 in my opinion

.. Is it possible to have a "thin, built, thick, huge" kind of frame related system, and be able to edit our player's proportions from that? I think that would solve a lot of people's issues with what someone is built like
true but felix jones looks a little to big.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
To be honest countryboy it is an honor and privilege to work on a game that people actually care about year around.
This is the madden democracy happening infront of our eyes man...embrace it.

The madden democracy
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8

Um I think Steve Smith should be look at he's a little guy but he has muscles on his arm which helps him push off Cb in real lifeand steve is really light. Um can something be done about the darker players in 09 sometimes I thought they were blue because they were so dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 14

More than anything, I would say Defensive Tackles in general need to have more "heft" on them. I have two DT's on my team that are 300+ lbs, one being 320+, and both of them appear more like a body-builder than a large DT. Defensive Ends tend to be long and lean, but DT's are typically shorter, and definitely more robust (i.e. round).

I find most skill players (QB, RB, WR, TE, DB, LB) appear to look pretty realistic in general, but lineman could use a little work. In reality lineman are very large and the game should represent that.

Thanks for your efforts!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »