Home

Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Tuning Individual Characters within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Tuning Individual Characters

I think the big guys that aren't big enough usually stand out the most like how Lorezno Neal looks like he hit Jenny Craig really hard, or how some defensive lineman look a bit too small. But like Unforgiven pointed out, having a full end-user controlled body editor would make pretty much any proportion issues non-existent due to being easily fixable by the user. I've been hoping for one for a very long time this generation and I've just assumed there's been some kind of programming challenge preventing it as I can't see any other reason why there wouldn't have been one years ago now.

I think it's next to impossible for a developer to get every guy just right and there will always be disagreement between the developer and the end user concerning how a players proportions should be (even if the disagreement is slight). It would be easier in terms of eliminating that by just letting the end user tweak it. Not saying it would be easy to program that function, but certainly that would end the disparity... and to take it further, the editor should work in franchise mode as well.

We just need the editor to allow us to tweak the size/length/thickness of all proportions.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:07 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think the big guys that aren't big enough usually stand out the most like how Lorezno Neal looks like he hit Jenny Craig really hard, or how some defensive lineman look a bit too small. But like Unforgiven pointed out, having a full end-user controlled body editor would make pretty much any proportion issues non-existent due to being easily fixable by the user. I've been hoping for one for a very long time this generation and I've just assumed there's been some kind of programming challenge preventing it as I can't see any other reason why there wouldn't have been one years ago now.

I think it's next to impossible for a developer to get every guy just right and there will always be disagreement between the developer and the end user concerning how a players proportions should be (even if the disagreement is slight). It would be easier in terms of eliminating that by just letting the end user tweak it. Not saying it would be easy to program that function, but certainly that would end the disparity... and to take it further, the editor should work in franchise mode as well.

We just need the editor to allow us to tweak the size/length/thickness of all proportions.
I agree here. It'll be pretty difficult to get proportions to a point that will satisfy everyone. The player editor is already implemented, just make it a tad bit more robust and let the people go to town. Oh, and yes, please have the editor function within franchise. Appreciate the interaction.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 31

I think for the most part you guys do a really good job with the player models.
The key to all of this is putting the FULL EDITOR in for us users.
And also allowing us to edit players on every team during a Franchise.
I dont wanna edit ratings (as much) after a franchise starts, but I wanna be able to Edit Names, Jersey Numbers, and All of the Body Specific Physical Attributes of Every Player on Every Team.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

As a Dolphins fan, the first player that comes to mind is Ricky Williams.

Something about him just doesn't look right. I know in real life he may not be as big as he was a few years ago, but he still seems a little short and too thin to me.

I'd just take another look at Ricky Williams.

Last edited by FootballDetails; 02-07-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Universally, I think all qb's need a downgrade in arm definition.
speedy wide-outs need slimmed arms and upper bodys like desean and ginn and slippery guys like that. Boldin and bigger physical wideouts need more of a physical build bigger arms, Boldin needs bigger legs and butt NO HOMO. Adrian wilson needs to look like a linebacker.
All in all players need to have more of a discrepency in overall muscle definition, Terrell owens and chad johnson are extremely cut for example, Hines Ward, & Amani toomer type players should not look equally defined

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu1524
49ers:
1. Frank Gore- his legs need to be thicker and his whole body more like a square shape.
2. Patrick Willis- something about his shoulders doesn't seem right. Not quite sure about that one.
3. Isaac Bruce- skinnier and more ripped arms. You can really see his veins and muscle structure because he is so skinny. If you are in charge of this also; Bruce is almost always smiling.
4. Nate Clements- his biceps are more round and defined. His arms look bigger than most cornerbacks, but not Brian Dawkins size. His skin is also lighter in real life.
5. Justin Smith- he wears his jersey tight and has a little bit of a belly.
6. Shaun Hill- again I'm not sure if you are in charge of this or if it is possible; his jersey sleeves are loose and his rib protectors make him look thicker around the ribs but with a small waist.
7. Vernon Davis- his legs and arms need to be thicker. He should look like a horse when running down the field.
YES! Fix our Niners!
No really, this guy has them spot on. Couldnt have said it any better.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 11

Yup, I can't stress enough how great a full editor would be.

I can literally point out something with almost every player on the Dolphins that isn't right in Madden .. its just the things we notice.

For example, Davone Bess.. he's 195, not exactly the hulk. However, he's probably as built as he can be for his size, he has huge legs, probably around the size of a runningback or linebacker.

Yeremiah Bell, he's got the upperbody of a 230 lb RB, and huge arms to go along with it.

Its just stuff like that, I could go on and on about every player, but my point is, is that all these issues will dissapear, and in turn will tremendously satisfy anyone that knows exactly what their team's players look like.

And so I say again, PLEASE look into implementing a full on editor!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

I would love a very robust player editing system. The models have been fairly good, but sometimes theres a discrepancy, and to please everyone, i think this would be the way to go.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »