Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

looks good to me, I feel it. I think the stuff he did at 2nd to turn the double play was right except his head was looking toward home i believe. I seen No hiccups really in the bottom half of 1. I did notice in one of the beta screens, some sliders seem juiced resulting in unnatural look maybe

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 02-13-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
every thing looks really great the only thing that i saw that was weird i thought there was supposed to be 300 new signature styles but i didnt see anything diffrent with the stances
Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
The hit variety seemed good enough given the small sample
Not IMO. Still the same imbalance of flyballs and hard-hit balls to the OF, with only the occasional hard-hit groundball. Everything is scorched in 2K baseball and it has to do with the high player ratings. Lower Power and Contact ratings and you start to see the proper balance and mixture of groundballs and softly hit balls. The new vids here seem to indicate that VC spent their time on the graphics, presentation, menus and adding modes, and not this. That said, the game looks a lot better and I'm looking forward to renting it, LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not IMO. Still the same imbalance of flyballs and hard-hit balls to the OF, with only the occasional hard-hit groundball. Everything is scorched in 2K baseball and it has to do with the high player ratings. Lower Power and Contact ratings and you start to see the proper balance and mixture of groundballs and softly hit balls. The new vids here seem to indicate that VC spent their time on the graphics, presentation, menus and adding modes, and not this. That said, the game looks a lot better and I'm looking forward to renting it, LOL.
baa we seen TWO video's of gameplay can we at least see some more vids/play the game before we pass judgement on hit variety
Old 02-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock85
baa we seen TWO video's of gameplay can we at least see some more vids/play the game before we pass judgement on hit variety
Those are my initial impressions nonetheless. The other thing I'm not seeing are fouls and nubbers and rollers that go foul. I saw one foul ball, but other than that every ball that made contact with the bat was put into play -- which is another example of how the gameplay in 2K has been for years. Batters come up to the plate, and there's no extended battle with the pitcher. AB's are one-and-done for every batter. They swing, put the ball into play, and are either out or end up on base.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Those are my initial impressions nonetheless. The other thing I'm not seeing are fouls and nubbers and rollers that go foul. I saw one foul ball, but other than that every ball that made contact with the bat was put into play
There were two fouls, one in each video. The first one was a weak grounder down the first base line at the beginning of the first vid.

Quote:
-- which is another example of how the gameplay in 2K has been for years. Batters come up to the plate, and there's no extended battle with the pitcher. AB's are one-and-done for every batter. They swing, put the ball into play, and are either out or end up on base.
It all depends on who's playing. The person playing in the video was swinging at almost everything, but when I play 2K7 I work the count and get some good battles with the pitcher, and the same is true when I'm pitching.

From what I've seen, hit variety in 2K9 is dependent upon pitch location and the quality of the contact made, so that's a good thing. Doesn't seem as random as in years past.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-13-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ten seconds into the video and I already have a big gripe about no-doubter foul balls having cut scenes, especially ones where you can't see the ball. It takes away from the TV atmosphere is all.

However, thirty-five seconds in, I do notice the little delay in the camera after contact, which is very nice!

Steve, would you say this is breakpoint pitching? Meaning you pick the location of where your pitch will begin moving, and end up in a different location than you set?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I thought the video looked good on the main page although I'd like to see a PS3 video. I'm assuming you can turn off the ball trails and throwing meter displays on all the players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »