Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Cardinals @ Cubs Bottom 1st

That behind the pitcher view is all types of hot. Really like the real time atmosphere and the various camera angles/tv style presentation they're using; how the camera's zooming appropriately. Crowds look amazing compared to the sparseness of last year's crowds. Looking like a great step up from 2K8. Interested to see how overcast/night/indoor games look; was too washed out in 2K8

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan75
every thing looks really great the only thing that i saw that was weird i thought there was supposed to be 300 new signature styles but i didnt see anything diffrent with the stances
I think 300 added signature stances.

I really feel like VC couldn't revamp the entire game this time around, which is why you have the same swings out of the box and nearly the exact same audio as well (except for commentary). A lot of animations are simply the same. They managed to squeeze in some more signature stances, but really not too many more batting animations after that, except for ones that they may have had to rework for programming reasons or what have you.

By the way, one small "real-time" disappointment is it seems as though the game "pauses" during replays. Well, not that it pauses, but it won't resume with the batter call-ups and stuff. It seems as though the batter has to wait for the replay to finish, then you'll get the PA and crowd audio as well as a cut scene of him stepping in. I wish that sometimes we would hear that stuff faintly during replay as he's already going through his motions in the box or something.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-13-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

My impressions:

I think the bat sounds a lot better...it's just way too loud, but it is CLEARLY a different sound.

The player faces looked like doo doo. Rick Ankeil looked like a 17 year old asian woman. Derek Lee looked like he had been decomposing for 3 weeks.

The new ball circle thing when you are pitching is HUGE and bright and i dont like that. I'll probably stick with the old pitching controls when I rent it.

The lighting is much better this year, and oh-my-god the commentary is so much better without Joe and Jon.

The animations looked good, and I liked the angles of the camera...though I wish you could pitch from last year's camera (you probably can, I just havnt seen it).

The crowd looks better. The field looks WAY better.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #20
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Not IMO. Still the same imbalance of flyballs and hard-hit balls to the OF, with only the occasional hard-hit groundball. Everything is scorched in 2K baseball and it has to do with the high player ratings. Lower Power and Contact ratings and you start to see the proper balance and mixture of groundballs and softly hit balls. The new vids here seem to indicate that VC spent their time on the graphics, presentation, menus and adding modes, and not this. That said, the game looks a lot better and I'm looking forward to renting it, LOL.
Pujols did not scorch his flyout. The GIDP seemed ok to me. Lee & Soriano can scorch any pitch. Sample size my friend.

Fins Up!

GO CUBS GO!

Purple Aces, Cubs, Seminoles!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
I liked the angles of the camera...though I wish you could pitch from last year's camera (you probably can, I just havnt seen it).
Yes, in the screenshots yesterday it showed that you will have full control over the batting and pitching cameras. So you don't need to worry about a certain preset view being there because you can manually change the camera's angle, height, and even move it from side to side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #22
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
This could change after i rent it, but so far its a...

You can give it a review score after watching 1 inning of gameplay? Interesting.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #23
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I thought the video looked good on the main page although I'd like to see a PS3 video. I'm assuming you can turn off the ball trails and throwing meter displays on all the players?

As a PS3 owner I agree. I hope you can turn off the ball trails as well.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
You can give it a review score after watching 1 inning of gameplay? Interesting.
Correct!! I would score it that way after 1 inning. That could change however!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »