Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Red Sox @ Yankees (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Red Sox @ Yankees (Gamespot) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 04:15 AM   #9
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 NYY/BOS gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I'm really happy with the way the game is coming out but the only gripe I have & I have seen in every video is that the CPU swings at almost everything close to the strike zone. I understand doing that when you're down on the count but on the first pitch every single time? I hope it can be fixed with sliders. Other than that I'm very impressed with the game. I can look passed all the jerky things other people have mentioned.
Well, that human player is just serving them fastballs right down the middle.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:44 AM   #10
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

I must say the damage control team really has done an amazing job within a year. But there is only so much you can do in a year with a title that had so many flaws. I mean the players in 2k9 look flatter in a day game than the players in MLB 08 did in a night game.

But they're definitely going in the right direction!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9

More vids, awesome.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
sj7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
I'm really happy with the way the game is coming out but the only gripe I have & I have seen in every video is that the CPU swings at almost everything close to the strike zone. I understand doing that when you're down on the count but on the first pitch every single time? I hope it can be fixed with sliders. Other than that I'm very impressed with the game. I can look passed all the jerky things other people have mentioned.
I totally agree with you about the computer swings at everything! I hope sliders can fix this because thi would be a major issue for me. Has anybody seen the computer go deep into a pitch count?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

In reference to the CPU swing @ everything, it may have been the difficulty people were playing on. What does concern me is if it happens no matter what difficulty you play on. Reasoning being VC took out ALL the AI Take Pitch Sliders. Now everything that has to do with AI Batting looks like this:

I'm figuring that the sliders we want to mess with to get the AI to take pitches would be the 1's in the middle..

From what we've seen & heard VC has really put a lot of emphasis on Inside Edge this year. They've supposedly tied IE into Player Ratings & for me this is scary because VC has never been good with ratings. They always Over-Rate in their games.

Now yes we have 2k share & can edit to our hearts content, but for those of us who also play online boy oh boy...
Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Red Sox @ Yankees (Gamespot)

Even though its not a big deal it just looks sloppy; and that is the missing frame when batters go into their stances. 3 years and counting now they havent been able to correct a subtle problem.

Also is it just me or is there a missing frame when Sabathia releases the ball? It doesnt seem to be a smooth transition when the ball comes out of his hand.

The shot gun soundmade when the ball hit the bat for that infield fly ball was hysterical.

I also agree I hope they tone down the CPU swinging at everything, last year you could never ring a batter up looking.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Red Sox @ Yankees (Gamespot)

Why can't they find a way to replace the hat and logo with the correct team? Minor gripe but it takes away from the presentation imo.

I would like to see when a player gets traded to have them with the correct team logo and hat. It would be difficult to do, but I think it's possible. Or maybe let us edit this in the game, with a uniform/logo editor in the game. Now that would be cool!

I'm getting the PC version of the game, hopefully there will be an editor someone will make that will allow for us to edit this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
In reference to the CPU swing @ everything, it may have been the difficulty people were playing on. What does concern me is if it happens no matter what difficulty you play on. Reasoning being VC took out ALL the AI Take Pitch Sliders. Now everything that has to do with AI Batting looks like this:

I'm figuring that the sliders we want to mess with to get the AI to take pitches would be the 1's in the middle..

From what we've seen & heard VC has really put a lot of emphasis on Inside Edge this year. They've supposedly tied IE into Player Ratings & for me this is scary because VC has never been good with ratings. They always Over-Rate in their games.

Now yes we have 2k share & can edit to our hearts content, but for those of us who also play online boy oh boy...
With regards to sliders, do they give descriptions on what they affect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »