Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
And one more thing...the scoreboards are terribly done. Why is the main jumbotron in Detroit that ugly, (as far as I can tell) not functioning out of town scoreboard? Why is the out of town scoreboard on the LF wall in Seattle non-existant? This is pretty poor considering the day and age.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #18
Pro

I'm still not done...in many stadiums (Citi Field, for example) the foul line disappears where it goes into the warning track (off the grass and into the dirt). I'm sorry but I think in general the lack of detail, the cartoon feel of the stadiums, and the lack of the majestic feeling to the stadiums is inexcusible for this generation of games. I'm done bashing now.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #19
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Seriously is there any stadium that isn't smothered in Pepsi adds?

I mean come on!
Yeah, first thing I noticed was Pepsi signage and that mystery bottle at Turner Field. That is just sacrilege.

That screen of Tropicana Field is just silly looking. I don't mind if VC wants to place a few ads here and there to supplement cost but it should be much more subtle and tasteful. I would rather see fake ads in places where Pepsi doesn't fit, like Atlanta. Or no ads where they shouldn't be, like the huge non-existant State Farm billboard in CF at Wrigley.

Tasteless product placement is a trend I do not wish to support as the gaming industry grows.

Last edited by lnin0; 02-14-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
Rookie

larma's Arena

OVR: 9
A lot of Pepsi ads but I think I'll get over them.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
In the ballaprk in arlington, they missed the huge bell in the left field 2nd deck. It rings every time a ranger hits a HR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbowles/3215109568/
The bell hasn't been there for two years man....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #22
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I think, instead of publishers wasting money on sponsorships, they should take the route of All-Star Baseball 2004...Parody Ads.

"Rubels" instead of Rogers

"PJS" instead of PNC

"Dr. Cooper" instead of "Dr. Pepper", "SCOTT" instead of Geico...

-----

Man, just seeing these screens makes me remember how good of a game ASB2004 was...I may just pick a used copy of that up in the next few days...
Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #23
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie48
In the ballaprk in arlington, they missed the huge bell in the left field 2nd deck. It rings every time a ranger hits a HR.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevenbowles/3215109568/
They took that out a long time ago. It left when Ameriquest left.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #24
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

Let me preface by saying that I think an accurate stadium is as important to a baseball video game as anything else. Stadiums dramatically affect the play of a game.

With that said, how can you develop a baseball video game and get wall height incorrect? Wall height is integral to game play what should be a homerun is going to bounce off a wall. A quick search on Flickr and you can get up-to-date photos to base your stadiums off. A quick call to a member of media relations can confirm wall heights and other details.

Look at how the left field wall is!

See here is an image of the real stadium, the wall is the same height to the left of the bullpen as the right:

See the following image of the Nationals Park I created for MVP Baseball 2005... mind you I built that using another stadium as a base... there was no Nationals Park in the game... I got the wall height correct. Why can't professionals.

I've edited and rebuilt stadiums for MVP 2005. I edited the majority of the stadiums in MVP using tools created by the community and fixed many of EA's inaccuracies' I cannot understand why professionals fail to get these details right and an amateur can. Please 2K get these major things right, for once and all.

And why would you add fake buildings with a giant add to a stadium that doesn't feature it (Wrigley)?

This is Oriole Park at Camden Yards allegedly... I think there may be a velociraptor in that center field jungle.

Last edited by Pirate; 02-14-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Inaccuracy

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »