Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies 1st

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies 1st within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Not sure what you saw but.......................
It may not be absolutely freakin perfect but it's light years better than the last few versions of 2k baseball. You do the worrying, I'll be happy that VC looks to have made a very good game this year from what we have witnessed so far. Hopefully more videos will come out to rid you of your fears...........I for one am very excited about this game.

I also realized that it's the bottom of the first inning. I mean maybe I'm out of touch with baseball fans reactions but why would they be jumping up and down and in a "frenzy" and going crazy so early in the game on a double. They cheered loud and that's all that is needed in that situation IMO. I think without looking at the situation as a whole, people are reacting and not putting the crowd reaction in it's proper context with the situation of each video we have seen.
No offense, but you are out of touch. An RBI double scoring a runner from 1st is an exciting play in baseball no matter the inning. Its not a lead off basehit. The reaction of teh crowd in the game was not realistic at all.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Not sure what you saw but.......................
It may not be absolutely freakin perfect but it's light years better than the last few versions of 2k baseball. You do the worrying, I'll be happy that VC looks to have made a very good game this year from what we have witnessed so far. Hopefully more videos will come out to rid you of your fears...........I for one am very excited about this game.

I also realized that it's the bottom of the first inning. I mean maybe I'm out of touch with baseball fans reactions but why would they be jumping up and down and in a "frenzy" and going crazy so early in the game on a double. They cheered loud and that's all that is needed in that situation IMO. I think without looking at the situation as a whole, people are reacting and not putting the crowd reaction in it's proper context with the situation of each video we have seen.
I agree with you. If this were the World Series, then they should be going crazier for sure, but I think the specific game in the vid is just setup as an exhibition game, so the crowd is set for "normal" circumstances. VC said in the Q&A session that playoff/posteason crowds will react differently.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #19
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
No offense, but you are out of touch. An RBI double scoring a runner from 1st is an exciting play in baseball no matter the inning. Its not a lead off basehit. The reaction of teh crowd in the game was not realistic at all.
None taken, maybe I am, I'm not sure what type of reaction you want.............hopefully the game will be better for you when you play it, as for me, it's a first day purchase my friend.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 02-15-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I agree with you. If this were the World Series, then they should be going crazier for sure, but I think the specific game in the vid just setup as an exhibition game, so the crowd is set for "normal" circumstances. VC said in the Q&A session that playoff crowds will react differently.
Yeah, I like the crowd sounds now, but if they are even louder in the playoffs and world series and in the later innings, that will be really nice.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 02-15-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
Rookie

The Living Legend's Arena

OVR: 6

Well overall very pleased on what VC has been able to do with this franchise in only a year. Graphics are good, that real time cut of Howard in the dugout really put a smile on my face. I thought the crowd was great on that double play, though i do agree that the fans should of been on there feet when that rbi double was hit and should of been louder, but at least we got some good crowd reaction.

One thing that ercs me is some of the animations are just weird like when players walk they will jog for a split second then set its just weird. Also the double play it looks like he looking home and not at first and ive seen that exact throw in other videos i hope this is just a beta thing and they have more animations or some type of take out slide or something.

Another thing about the crowd did the producers say their were going to be vendors and or people walking up and down the isles in the final version, not a big thing but it does enhance the atmosphere especially on pan shots.

Commentary Flawess and im sure were going to get alot more on the final version, i honestly dont like the commentary on the other game and that is one of the reasons for not buying it, Phillips as much as i hate that douchebag, he sounds alright and Thorne brilliant of course, just wish there was more Jeine(how ever you spell it) and the other guy was in more.

Overlays i hope their better in the final version, or maybe next year the way they do the lineup and show the fielders kind of meh, but its a good start. Well those are some of my thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

It's really cool to see a full dugout, players walking from the on-deck circle to the plate, etc, all rendered real-time.

I, too, notice the choppiness, though. I wonder if some of the twitchy transitions are a result of compression to video format, or if they're actually there.

Ideally, things would be smoother, but I like where this is going.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 7

WHAT IS THAT NOISE FROM THE CROWD at 1:11.

it drives me nuts. I don't know what it is but its always been in the previous games.

talking about crowd noise though, it was good in this video, maybe a little bit delayed reaction, but can't be perfect though!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #24
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

BigL check out the all star game triple play & Rockies end of game vids
Talk about atmostphere listen to the crowd

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »