Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies In Game Injury

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies In Game Injury within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies In Game Injury

Here is another video from Major League Baseball 2K9. This one shows off a few things, including an in game injury.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Rays @ Phillies In Game Injury

Loved just about everything except when he jumped up after being injured. Looked a bit weird, but that's usually in most of 2k's games for some reason. Would like to see him stand up in a more normal way. I'm still loving these videos nonetheless, and the play by play with the real time atmosphere is breathtaking.

Just take a long look at the video and look at the fans and the players and coaches in the background. WOW!

And for those that want early inning crowd participation, they sounded great and even had the "here we go phillies" chant and they were up by 2 runs.

Notice the crowd going silent on the pop up out and the final out to stop the big inning.

More great videos.

Last edited by Eddie1967; 02-15-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

lol I love how he just magically jumped up and walked off the field, very realistic
Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 2

i think that video all but confirms there are no take out slides this year. First thing that I'm really bummed about. Oh well, if no take out slides is my only complaint i'm really happy.

gotta say i'm really getting a MVP 04 feeling. I know we haven't played it yet, but I really feel like this is gonna be like 04 where everything was there for a perfect game minus a couple things that needed to be fixed.

Watch out for MLB 2k10
Old 02-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Loved just about everything except when he jumped up after being injured. Looked a bit weird, but that's usually in most of 2k's games for some reason. Would like to see him stand up in a more normal way. I'm still loving these videos nonetheless, and the play by play with the real time atmosphere is breathtaking.

Just take a long look at the video and look at the fans and the players and coaches in the background. WOW!

And for those that want early inning crowd participation, they sounded great and even had the "here we go phillies" chant and they were up by 2 runs.

Notice the crowd going silent on the pop up out and the final out to stop the big inning.

More great videos.
Very well stated. However, I am still noticing that the CPU literally swings at everything in the strike zone. If there isnt a slider to fix this, I can imagine people throwing balls on purpose in order to generate realistic pitch counts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Loved it all except the part where he got injured and just jumped up. Hopefully in future games when a player gets hurt, a trainer and/or coach will come out.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Very well stated. However, I am still noticing that the CPU literally swings at everything in the strike zone. If there isnt a slider to fix this, I can imagine people throwing balls on purpose in order to generate realistic pitch counts.
Yeah, I really hope there is a slider for this. I do throw balls on purpose just to try to get them to chase (especially when I'm ahead in the count), but they shouldn't be swinging at every strike, especially borderline pitches.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
um...why did the dude just get up after being injured...things like this test my patience with mlb 2k9 lol makes me wanna get a ps3 for the show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »