Home

NHL 09 360 Patch #2 Online -- Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 09 360 Patch #2 Online -- Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #17
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 09 360 Patch #2 Online -- Impressions

Really happy with this patch as far as Club Play and online goes. I dont play single player so I cant comment on the patch's affect on it. This patch has renewed this game for me!!! Good job EA.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #18
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Is Robo Goalie still present, or can you actually beat goalies on shots that should beat them?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Is Robo Goalie still present, or can you actually beat goalies on shots that should beat them?
The PS3 folks seemed to think it was improved. I've scored 7 goals in four 10-min period games, but I've got it set up for a more defensive game and the AI seems to play better defensively after the patch. With shot accuracy at 4 on All-Star prior to patch, I was starting to see too many goals. I put it back down to 3 in those four games I played today. This was all offline and I guess that wasn't much of answer...

EDIT: Just checked my friends list and it looks like he just finished an OTP game that ended 7-4. Maybe that's a better indicator...
Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #20
MVP

LanteriX's Arena

OVR: 15

God, I'm so glad the juicers are gone online. I've been tearing it up in the 3 games I've played cause now I dont have to worry about getting checked at will away from the puck and having guys be so much faster than my player even though I set my guy as a dangler.

Woo.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanteriX
God, I'm so glad the juicers are gone online. I've been tearing it up in the 3 games I've played cause now I dont have to worry about getting checked at will away from the puck and having guys be so much faster than my player even though I set my guy as a dangler.

Woo.
Not so fast, the 99 is still out there. This has been confirmed that some people are able to still get into OTP game being juiced. This is a huge example of "DROPPING THE BALL"!!! Thanks EA for getting my hopes up that you would actually fix the problem that has crippled this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Not so fast, the 99 is still out there. This has been confirmed that some people are able to still get into OTP game being juiced. This is a huge example of "DROPPING THE BALL"!!! Thanks EA for getting my hopes up that you would actually fix the problem that has crippled this game.
Link? Not trying to question you, but that's something none of us want to hear, so something to back it up would be greatly appreciated.

I finally got around to doing a community OTP game -- what a difference! Neither team was playing undisciplined, but the few times we got careless away from the puck, it was called. I was able to check a guy standing on the far post as a pass came across twice without being whistled. We posted a shutout and scored four, mostly on some nice passing & movement. Definitely a noticeable difference, even though all six of us involved appeared to know what not to do...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #23
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Link? Not trying to question you, but that's something none of us want to hear, so something to back it up would be greatly appreciated.

I finally got around to doing a community OTP game -- what a difference! Neither team was playing undisciplined, but the few times we got careless away from the puck, it was called. I was able to check a guy standing on the far post as a pass came across twice without being whistled. We posted a shutout and scored four, mostly on some nice passing & movement. Definitely a noticeable difference, even though all six of us involved appeared to know what not to do...
My "link" is a guy that is on my club and he has been juiced for the last couple of weeks. Not trying to justify why he was juiced, but he was a beginner and a pretty horrible player. Anyway I have been talking to him today and he has told me that he has been able to get into games all day and has not changed his guy and he is still at 99. I understand that you want some proof, but I can assure you that this will come out all over most boards in a couple of days when other people realize this.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

sorry if this has been asked, but im in my second year in my dynasty, and i was wondering when i download the patch, will i have to start a new dynasty in order for it to take effect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »