Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Released (PC)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Released (PC) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Major League Baseball 2K9 Demo Released (PC)

Fileplanet has posted the demo for Major League Baseball 2K9.

Quote:
"It's time to PLAY BALL! Major League Baseball 2K9 returns to the diamond with the most complete MLB experience available capturing the essence of baseball down to some of the most minute, player specific details including batting stances, pitching windups and signature swings. 2K Sports has gone above and beyond the call of duty to deliver this in true major league fashion. Additionally, gameplay enhancements in pitching, batting, fielding and baserunning promise this year’s installment to be user-friendly and enjoyable for rookies or veterans. New commentary and presentation provide the icing to this ultimate baseball experience. If you really want to Play Ball this is the game for you."
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: PC demo released

I guess they have to do that b/c the file is so big? I have to wait 40 minutes before I can even start downloading, seems dumb. Excited to test it out though, hope my CPU can handle it.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
MVP

Well apparently my brand new laptop can't run this game. Was moving soooo slow. Only thing I can think of as a problem is that my dual core processor is only 2.1 ghz and the minimum requirements for vista says 2.8 ghz single core. Would that cause it to move very slowly? Guess I won't be getting this game for PC...
Old 03-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
MLB
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Well apparently my brand new laptop can't run this game. Was moving soooo slow. Only thing I can think of as a problem is that my dual core processor is only 2.1 ghz and the minimum requirements for vista says 2.8 ghz single core. Would that cause it to move very slowly? Guess I won't be getting this game for PC...
I doubt it's your CPU. Your GPU is the probably culprit. What kinda GPU does the laptop have ?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
My dual core is a 2.1 also. I have a 9650m gt GPU and 4gb ram and it runs on max (screen res 1200x800) for me.

As MLB says your GPU could and probably will be your problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
MVP

Yea the more I thought about it I figured it was my graphics card (I think that is the GPU). I have a mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset, whatever that is, and I have the latest drivers. I also installed the latest Direct X. I have plenty of ram and memory and all of that.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 15

Has anybody's finished yet? Mine says I have 1 hour and 58 minutes left.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy88
Has anybody's finished yet? Mine says I have 1 hour and 58 minutes left.
Says I'm #61 out of 87 with 31 minutes left to wait. I just went with the region that had the lowest estimated wait time though.

Still interested to try it out. I may still get the PC version later if they can iron out some of the bugs and some good mods are created. The 360 version isn't really doing it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »