Home

MLB '09: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB '09: The Show Review

Let us just get one thing out of the way, MLB 09: The Show is the best next-gen sports game yet. It is a must-own title, and anyone who is even remotely interested in baseball should consider checking it out.

It is also one of the deeper, more complex and realistic sports games I have ever gotten the chance to play. Simply put, games like High Heat and MVP can now be put on the shelf in the Sanner household because The Show has finally surpassed them.

Now, at this point of the review, I must stress that MLB 09: The Show is not perfect. There are several little bugs and interesting happenings that will make you shake your head like catchers sometimes do after a foul ball. But from my experience, these negatives only slightly detract from the overall package.

Read More - MLB '09: The Show Review

Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
Wow...higher score than FIFA 09 and NHL 09!
I'm skeptical...since I keep hearing the online is kind of lame compared to the EA sports titles I just mentioned...
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB '09: The Show Review

Thanks bud, been waiting for this and hoping for that first sentence!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Great review!

Quote:
One bug that I hope will be patched involves the Cubs playing all of their franchise home games at night (sans Sundays). This is baseball blasphemy, and the folks at SCE Studios San Diego should rectify this egregious sin.
I agree, I really hope they take care of this. People can shrug it off all they want, but it's a big deal to me and I'm not even a Cubs fan.

Other than the day games mistake, the game is as near perfect as you can get. It's amazing how great it plays right out of the box. I haven't even touched one slider. Hell, I haven't even looked at them!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 36
the commentary is not better than mlb 2k9 I'm not trying to start a war. I haven't played either game but from watching the videos of both games I think 2k9 has the better commentary, but the commentary is still great in this game from what I have heard and from playing 08 on psp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
the commentary is not better than mlb 2k9 I'm not trying to start a war. I haven't played either game but from watching the videos of both games I think 2k9 has the better commentary, but the commentary is still great in this game from what I have heard and from playing 08 on psp
Wait you're saying the commentary is better on one game than another based on video's of the game? You have actually played them?

That makes perfect sense.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 47
Nice review. And BK I have played 2k9 and the commentary is better. Not by a lot, but it is noticeably better. Great review and the score was cool too.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Wait you're saying the commentary is better on one game than another based on video's of the game? You have actually played them?

That makes perfect sense.
I'm not trying to start a war here can't one thing be better in the other game. I love the show and am trying to get a ps3 to play it. This game is much better and it is true baseball but the commentary is better in 2k9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »