Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15
NCAA Football 10 Blog: Custom Conferences

EA Sports have just posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one covers custom conferences.

Quote:
"Hey Everybody, I’m Ben Haumiller and I’m a designer on the NCAA Football series. I’ve been at Tiburon since 2000, starting out as a tester in QA, and I’ve been a member of the NCAA Football design team since NCAA 06. Since joining the team I’ve primary worked on our career modes (Dynasty, Campus Legend, etc.) our Online features, as well as a lot of the features you’ll find when checking out the My NCAA and Team Management sections of the Main Menu . You would be hard pressed to find a more passionate college football fan than myself, so working on the NCAA Football series has been a dream come true.

On NCAA Football 09 I was the designer for what had been long considered the “Holy Grail of NCAA features”, Online Dynasty. I couldn’t have been more excited to get this feature into the game. Dynasty is without a doubt my favorite feature in any sports game, and bringing that experience online brought a tremendous amount of life into an already great game mode. Based on the feedback from the community I was not the only one that was able to resurrect gaming rivalries with old college roommates that now live on the other side of the country, increase my desire to sign the recruits in the nation for no other reason than to force the other dynasty members to settle for a 3 star prospect, and feeling the pressure of knowing the result of your head to head game will mean the difference between a BCS berth or finishing your season in December."

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: NCAA Football 10: Custom Conferences

Neat little feature.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is absolutely awesome...I hope that we can change the conferences after each off-season.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Called this one being included. Now hopefully this leads right into CAS.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

It is a nice feature to add. I'm a traditionalist so I don't know if I'll use it much but it is a very nice option to have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

I really like how the screens look this year. Not way excited about this announcement, but more options are always a plus. This will only be a great feature if the LOGOS ON THE FIELD/UNI'S CHANGE after switching conferences. Nice though .
Old 03-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #7
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Sweet; I can make college football like it should be (circa 2004) and act like the ACC raid never happened...Awesome feature
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's one thing I am afraid of now: Conference invites. If I put Florida in the Mac conference & they dominate for 2 years straight, will they get invited to a difference conference? Multiply this problem by 3 or 4 different teams & you have a the big teams in the big conferences again...is this a gift...a curse...or both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »