Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
Updates have been great so far and dynamic weather is a great step forward. (Hopefully that will include variable "gusts" of wind.)

To make this game PERFECT, they'd not only have a USGA rules guy there, but they'll actually give us USGA options on ball drops. For example, a lateral water hazard (red stake) gives you several ball drop options. A regular water hazard (yellow stake) gives you more -- including being able to "pick your distance" along the line where the ball crossed and the flag.

Also would be cool to pick where you can tee the ball in the tee zone.

Finally, it would be great if the "lie" was better defined to include degree of uphill/downhill. (Sidehill is obvious, but because of graphic limitations, it's not always clear when you have a downhill lie -- which would reduce loft on your club and add distance.)

- Irons
Agree with all of this - especially the comment about variable wind gusts. These are the intricacies (along with ball and spike marks) that effect scoring in a real round of golf and should impact scoring in TW.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
the Presentation Cams have really been improved from what I saw.
Guess whose attention you got with that observation?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Guess whose attention you got with that observation?
You noticed that, eh? Let me preface the following statement with "from what I saw".....you will be drooling at the new cameras. I was simply blown away at what I saw, but keep in mind I only had about 3 hours with the game. But what I did see made me feel like I was watching a PGA TOUR telecast.....
Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

I am very impressed from what I have seen so far. The PUTTING system is what will change this game

DIVOT: I am not sure if you can comment but I have a few questions?

1) If they are adding a USGA rulebook is that going to mean realistic drops??

2) Have they added OB MARKERS??

3) Have they done anything to improve the way the ball physics on certain lies. It seems that the ball flies and lands the same if you have a downhill or uphill lie? Same goes for sidehill lies.

4) AI rubberbanding. Is it still there? IF thats still there that COMPLETELY ruins the career mode.

5) Are you already pre-qualified to play in all the tourenys?? My thought is if this is my first year on the Tour I shouldnt be able to Jump into ALL the tourneys if I havent met the qualifications.

I have bought Tiger every year hoping for improvements but they have all been VERY VERY subtle improvements. Maybe this year we get a good game??
Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
Me?

shon's Arena

OVR: 5

I am really glad of the putting option, I have been waiting on that one.

I hope they add an option to turn off all the animations so I don't have to click the button 3 times before I can hit the ball, this always drives me nuts. I understand it's part of the presentation but most times I just want a quick game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was watching the WGC event at Doral on TV today and they were using the hole flyovers from Tiger 10 to show each hole with Tiger talking about each one, looked great!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23

4) AI rubberbanding. Is it still there? IF thats still there that COMPLETELY ruins the career mode.
Agree 100%. I also hope it is possible to turn off the exaggerated (comical??) player reactions. I want my players to react naturally. I hope there is a wide range of crowd reactions too, depending on the situation. Bigger crowds as the tournament progresses. Much more varied commentary. If the developers just watch MLB 09 The Show for a while and take notes, they won't go far wrong. I'm sure that most gamers want realism and little details, not gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks, like last year's coach feature. I didn't think I'd ever buy another TW game after last year, but the prospect of a well-presented, immersive offline tournament mode (maybe!) has got my interest.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #24
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
Agree 100%. I also hope it is possible to turn off the exaggerated (comical??) player reactions. I want my players to react naturally. I hope there is a wide range of crowd reactions too, depending on the situation. Bigger crowds as the tournament progresses. Much more varied commentary. If the developers just watch MLB 09 The Show for a while and take notes, they won't go far wrong. I'm sure that most gamers want realism and little details, not gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks, like last year's coach feature. I didn't think I'd ever buy another TW game after last year, but the prospect of a well-presented, immersive offline tournament mode (maybe!) has got my interest.
Agree 100%. Get rid of the gimmicks and make it a realistic sim. MLB 09 The Show is the gold standard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »