Home

NCAA Football 10: Gameplay Camera Presentation Updates

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Gameplay Camera Presentation Updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 10: Gameplay camera presentation updates

This is nice and dandy, but the hope is that this is not a pacificer for not getting SELECTABLE and CUSTOM cams this year, because that would be ridiculous.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 38

Nice find

What feature have we been asking for that deals with cameras

Last edited by Boucher; 03-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Ok news like this make sense and improves playing the game. I very much like this feature.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

" You’ve probably noticed the passing icons are somewhat transparent in the images. New to NCAA Football 10 is the hiding of the passing icons as you run further from the line of scrimmage. If you are looking to run 20 yards backwards and launch a crazy arcade-like pass, we hope you memorized the routes your receivers are running and their assigned button on the controller. Otherwise, you could end up throwing into double/triple coverage and giving the ball away."

This. lol thank you ea.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
" You’ve probably noticed the passing icons are somewhat transparent in the images. New to NCAA Football 10 is the hiding of the passing icons as you run further from the line of scrimmage. If you are looking to run 20 yards backwards and launch a crazy arcade-like pass, we hope you memorized the routes your receivers are running and their assigned button on the controller. Otherwise, you could end up throwing into double/triple coverage and giving the ball away."

This. lol thank you ea.
This is a positive but not something I'm thrilled about. I feel as though this is putting band-aid on the issue. I feel as though the gameplay should be designed to encourage you to stay in the pocket. Making the icons transparent after dropping back so many yards should not be the answer. We shouldn't feel more safe outside the pocket than we should inside. That's been a fundamental issue in EA's football games.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
This is a positive but not something I'm thrilled about. I feel as though this is putting band-aid on the issue. I feel as though the gameplay should be designed to encourage you to stay in the pocket. Making the icons transparent after dropping back so many yards should not be the answer. We shouldn't feel more safe outside the pocket than we should inside. That's been a fundamental issue in EA's football games.
Well said. As a mirror to that, the lack of fundamentals has really thrown me for a loop. I can't believe that in year 4 and 5 for NCAA and Madden respectively, I'm hoping to see the players come to the LOS and lineup smoothly and realistically.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Thats true with pocket QB's ,but not mobile ones.

I fail to see how they implemented Qb's procedural awareness in those shots. It look just like last year except the view moves.

Stupid me thinking that procedural awareness would actually make this game better.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Thats true, but we dont know how it works yet. what happens if when you roll out the Icons get dim and it makes throwing while moving actually affect the QB Accuracy this year. then it would be more than a bandaid imo.hopefully it makes running to the sideline and launching it deep no more, kids got away with this so much this year. all they have to do is dial in a post route run to the opposite sideline and bam.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-19-2009 at 12:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »