Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Full Roster Reveal (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Full Roster Reveal (Gamespot) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: UFC Undisputed full roster.

Really bummed there's no Cote or Couture. But it's hard to complain with such a MASSIVE roster.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yea i didn't notice randy couture wasn't on the roster i know that's going to disappoint a lot of people especially people who used to watch when he was dominating the HW division.

The game almost seems incomplete without couture and he isn't even one of my favourite fighters.

but with DLC and what not I'm not to concerned
Old 03-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was some what disappointed with what I saw in the gamesport videos, (but I'm probably just really critical because I want this game to be really good [I think it will just be good]).

The thing that really stood out to me in those videos was the commentary. It seemed very spotty/forced/random. In one of the Chuck Liddell videos, Mike Goldberg gives a time remaning reminder every 15 seconds of the last minute of the round. The problem is that, in real time, that minute equates to about 30 seconds or so, so I'm hearing that reminder every seconds and it just seems very redundant. It seems very much like commentary for wrestling games where it is very random. It didn't have the flow it did in the trailer videos.

Another dislike is one I've mentioned before and that are some of the hit animations are very awkward looking and it makes the game seem arcade like. The animation looks like a very devistating shot with head and body jerking, but gameplay wise, it doesn't seem to have as much of an effect as the animation leads you to believe. (Figthers "return to normal too quickly after hits like those).

But again, I think this game is going to be good, still a first day buy for me, but hopefully others agree with my findings and something can be done about it for the next installment.

Does anybody know if we can choose the real time of rounds?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #20
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

No GSP vs. A.Silva?

Really not a fan of the weight class restrictions and dissapointed Hamil isn't there but otherwise pretty great. Based on the roster it's easy to get an idea of when most of the contracts were signed so no Couture is understandable. Hope the CAF is good and it won't be that big of a deal for a few missing guys.

Nice to see they left in Evan Tanner. Hope there's a tribute screen or something in the credits maybe.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:22 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 18

They got most of my favorites.

I just wish they'd have included Guida and Hazelett.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm glad Anthony Johnson made the cut.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I'm glad Anthony Johnson made the cut.

Me too.

Guida not being is a dissapointment too. Still if you gave me a choice between having Arlovski, Sylvia, Ortiz and Cro Cop or Cote, Guida and Haslett......I'm taking the first list.

Also hearing that Couture will be in the game is great.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29

I'm really, really surprised Guida didn't make it... I thought he would be for sure - he's a big part of the LW division. If I were him, I'd actually be offended.

I was hoping that Philipe Nover might make it, but I knew he wouldn't. I hope they do some DLC fighters later, though. I'll buy him for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »