Home

UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

CBS has posted their exclusive early look at UFC Undisputed 2009.

Quote:
"On the surface it's a fact that's almost unfathomable. Sports video games are a billion dollar industry, driven heavily by young men who love Madden, NBA Live and the like. Few sports are more successful at reaching that young adult male demographic than the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Yet it has been almost five years since a UFC video game was last released.

Well, the wait is almost over, guys. On May 19, video game developer THQ will release the first UFC video game since the MMA boom. It's a potential cash cow for all involved if the game clicks with consumers. So what can fans expect? I recently had the opportunity to try out a near-completed version of the game at THQ Studios and discuss with the developers the various aspects of the game."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Exclusive early look at 'UFC Undisputed 2009

Can't wait for this game.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
MVP

Parasight's Arena

OVR: 12

I like how you fight on a real card with other fighters. Kinda like a progressive/always different career path.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #4
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Must have now. I'm interested to see how detailed the create-a-fighter mode is.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 03-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: UFC Undisputed 2009 Exclusive Early Look (CBS)

This was a great article for me personally. I asked for the Calendar thing, and it's exactly what we're getting. I always though fighting games needed that micromanaging factor - instead of JUST playing minigames. And they got that, and probably have some minigames, but also sparring to improve some skills. This matched with what imo makes the whole thing worth it - the balacing act of peaking for a fight and making sure you are resting enough without slouching either. It makes so much sense to have some time of time-management, or practical choices as to how to distribute your training.

At first the 10 hour carrer, 7 years until retirement had me a little skeptical - but my thinking is that they did this to have us engage in a realistic number of fights. After all, Look at Chuck Liddell - he's got like 32 figths? something like that - most guys when they retire will not have records like 45-8 if you know what I mean and I think their career mode, while cutting some short, will mitigate that issue.

At this point there is virtually nothing I don't know about the game aside from a couple suprises (legend such as couture?)
so anything from here on out is a bit redundant and slightly torturous.

DEMO NOW - GAME NOW PLEASE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

In the beginning of his article, Martin seemed to describe in detail the fight introduction, but didn't mention fighter walk-ins, so I wonder if that's part of the game.

A ten hour career mode seems rather short, so I guess for me that leads to hopes the online experience does not lag and that this game plays (or can play) sim with no cheesing.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
In the beginning of his article, Martin seemed to describe in detail the fight introduction, but didn't mention fighter walk-ins, so I wonder if that's part of the game.

A ten hour career mode seems rather short, so I guess for me that leads to hopes the online experience does not lag and that this game plays (or can play) sim with no cheesing.
confirmed that there are zero walk-ins. The fighters are introduced and that's it They didn't want to spend the time adding the different uniforms and all that and music etc...I totally undertand why a lot of people love that, it's not my thing, but yeah, sorry it's not in the game.

About the 10 hours - I'm not sure how they came to that - it's not like that would include me sitting there contemplating when to rest and how to train etc. I'm assuming you'll have at the very least 25 fights in your career - so I think the replay value will be very substantial. It's the AI that will determine how many times you'll WANT to go through a career.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
About the 10 hours - I'm not sure how they came to that - it's not like that would include me sitting there contemplating when to rest and how to train etc. I'm assuming you'll have at the very least 25 fights in your career - so I think the replay value will be very substantial. It's the AI that will determine how many times you'll WANT to go through a career.
That's not good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »