Home

Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fight Night Round 4 Heavyweights Revealed (IGN)

From talking to Brizzo, I got the idea that if a known fighter isn't in the game, it's the fighter's (or his management team's) fault.

And more importantly, I've never cared much about the roster in a boxing game anyway, and never understood why it was a big deal to boxing gamers- career mode is where it's at. Hell, the best two boxing games on the planet (VB2 victorious road and Boxer's Road 2) have fictional cartoon boxers (VB2), and a bunch of Asian fighters no one has ever heard of (BR2).
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

The Create a Boxer is coo for some (CAB), but the fighter actually being in the game is just way better because you have the likeness of him there style, defense things like that. I have a funny feeling that they took some people out for DLC, which I don't mine paying for because they had to pay individually. Don't be surprise if they don't have Mayweather right off, you know he wants that money, so DLC him. But EA dropped the ball on the Heavyweights they do have. But the DLC is just a hunch for me, if they don't have it this sucks
Old 03-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
The Create a Boxer is coo for some (CAB), but the fighter actually being in the game is just way better because you have the likeness of him there style, defense things like that. I have a funny feeling that they took some people out for DLC, which I don't mine paying for because they had to pay individually. Don't be surprise if they don't have Mayweather right off, you know he wants that money, so DLC him. But EA dropped the ball on the Heavyweights they do have. But the DLC is just a hunch for me, if they don't have it this sucks
We asked Brizzo about DLC fighters. He said that it was something they wouldn't rule out, but the CAB feature is so robust, would most people pay money for a boxer they could create to a workable likeness?

It's tough to get fighters in a game. It's a lot of money and politics involved.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxide
From talking to Brizzo, I got the idea that if a known fighter isn't in the game, it's the fighter's (or his management team's) fault.

And more importantly, I've never cared much about the roster in a boxing game anyway, and never understood why it was a big deal to boxing gamers- career mode is where it's at. Hell, the best two boxing games on the planet (VB2 victorious road and Boxer's Road 2) have fictional cartoon boxers (VB2), and a bunch of Asian fighters no one has ever heard of (BR2).

I gotta disagree with that. We all know that EA has a set budget on what they can spend on the roster. We all know that signing guys like Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Frazier and maybe De La Hoya isnt cheap. What I question is which fighters they are spending money on. I think most would rather have Vlad than Foreman. I would rather have Arreola or Haye than Morrison.

I like career mode but I play plenty of exhibition games, online games and games against my friends. I'll probably do career mode once and the rest of the time is me fighting the cpu using real or created boxers. For me, a roster matters.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa

I wouldnt hold my breath for DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Well I'm not super happy about the list, but the CAP - IF you can put them in the division w/o your control could save it easily. This is like All-pro football, because w/ boxing you have to go out and get different fighters and their promoters etc... that's the major advantage the UFC game devs have is that total access - imagine if boxing was organized into one dominant league. It would be slightly less exciting because the confusion adds to the controversy imo and they cross organizations anyway - it's really just a wonky ratings system - but it lacks that cohesive power to just walk in and have all the guys on the same page.

I thought a roster of 40 guys for a boxing game is quite good, but you guys are right, if most of them are from yesteryear it makes things a little more awkward - the suspension of disbelief suffers...

Great post.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darxide
We asked Brizzo about DLC fighters. He said that it was something they wouldn't rule out, but the CAB feature is so robust, would most people pay money for a boxer they could create to a workable likeness?

It's tough to get fighters in a game. It's a lot of money and politics involved.

I guess the question is "Is it really robust". EA said the same thing with FN3 and I wouldnt call CAB in that game "robust". One thing that makes the WWE Smackdown series impressive is that its CAW is good enough that you can add almost anyone.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess the question is "Is it really robust". EA said the same thing with FN3 and I wouldnt call CAB in that game "robust". One thing that makes the WWE Smackdown series impressive is that its CAW is good enough that you can add almost anyone.
Just adding the face feature with the camera is good enough for me. It pretty much allows to put put any fighter in the game you want.

EA really did try to get a ton of fighters- as for budget, it's worth it to pay guys like Ali and Foreman gobs of cash for thier likeness. Is it worth it (or fair) to pay the same amounts of money for David Haye? Heck no. Fighters like that should be begging EA to add them for free. In fact, there were some fighters that did just that, and ended up in the game. Also, consider that since there are more weightclasses this time around, their budget is going to be stretched this time around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »