Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Details (IGN)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Details (IGN) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #9

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Details (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'm in more of a wait and see first of all. But I like what I am hearing too. I already enjoy this game a lot but I would like to see more licensed teams too. With the Europa League being added would this mean more teams being added too? A Turkey, Portuguese, Greece, or German league would be nice.
Same here, after the B.S with the patch I no longer have faith in Konami. They also really need to get back the licence for the Bundesliga. And I'm definitely getting the Euro version because of the patches and option files.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14
when is this out- I have yet to get the the ps3 version of this game and am looking forward to it
Old 04-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Hm, I'm a bit hesitant this year. 09 was okay, some bugs that were never addressed (backline, every slide tackle foul a yellow card - even if the ball was hit first).

I think KONAMI needs to find its PES roots. I have been playing more PES6 than 09 these past couple of days - and I think they need to find a way to reinvent PES6 with a graphical upgrade. The gameplay is simply incredible.

The PES08-09 player models need to change because this whole 'ice-skating' feeling is starting to get on my nerves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Hm, I'm a bit hesitant this year. 09 was okay, some bugs that were never addressed (backline, every slide tackle foul a yellow card - even if the ball was hit first)... The PES08-09 player models need to change because this whole 'ice-skating' feeling is starting to get on my nerves.
I'm with you, Matt. While I've gotten some enjoyment out of the game and can see some of the old magic, overall, the game was a disappointment for me. I could never get into the single player and while BAL is fun at times, it can be extremely frustrating due to questionable teammate AI (to be fair, I don't think any game has made a breakthrough in this area).

I'm not sure if your "ice-skating feeling" comment is referring to the 8-directional movement system, but that is right at the top of my list of things that need to be changed/improved for me to get excited about the next edition...
Old 04-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree Qb and Matt. They really need to go back to its roots. If I still had PES 6 (or 5) I would still be playing that like crazy but I'll wait and see with this game again. Konami and the crew have to make a serious stride this year, and hears hoping they don't remove any thing.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally put something cool like fifa.
Add some better and realistic movements not like robots and golkeepers must dive like a real golie not like a robot too.
goalkeeper gloves should be marked adidas nike puma and other stuff .
lincensed leagues and international teams kits.
and maybe something like fifa clubs it is awesome thing to play
Old 05-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
AI: "The Tokyo team has worked to improve the AI of the game, with Teamvision 2.0 implemented. Midfielders and defenders now work together to cover open space and close down attacks, meaning that cover can be provided for lower-ranked defenders. This also has the additional effect of removing soft goals, thus returning PES 2010 to its simulation roots. In terms of attacking, players can also now move several players (at) once, sending them into different areas, opening up more goal-scoring possibilities than ever before. As such, PES 2010 necessitates a new level of control from the player. Strategic thinking is as important as quick passing, but the new system greatly opens the way the player oversees control of the team. In free kick scenarios, for instance, players can now instigate the runs of the players awaiting the ball in the penalty area."
This sounds awesome! I'm glad one developer is still focusing on AI and not just pushing everything online.

For me:

gameplay > licensing, as long as we can still edit everything (and we could in 2009).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »