Home

Is the MLB Power Pro Series Dead?

This is a discussion on Is the MLB Power Pro Series Dead? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Is the MLB Power Pro Series Dead?

According to this post at MLBPPWorld, it looks like there won't be a U.S. release for MLB Power Pro this year.

Quote:
"Dear MLBPPWORLD,

We thank you for supporting our title: Major League Baseball Power Pros. It means a lot to us that we have fans who devote their time to getting others to play the game... we appreciate your effort and the effort of every other fan of this series in the world...

However, we have a lot on our plate this year, metaphorically speaking. We have just released MLB Front Office Manager, The Bigs 2 and MLB 2k9. Each of these games require determination and long hours -- sadly -- some games need to be cut to make time. Power Pros has been a good seller for us, but we are unable to meet the demand this year. That's why, it was cut.

Sincerely,

Ronald D. Jean,
2k Representative"

Hate to hear this and hope it isn't true because I've really enjoyed the first two editions of this game. I had started to wonder about it though since last year the game came out in July and there has been no news so far about it this year.

Anyone else heard anything about the future of Power Pros?
Platform: NDS / PS2 / Wii
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is MLB Power Pro series dead?

Horrible. What day and country do we live in when I'm more than willing to give this company $50 and they won't sell me their product.

This reminds me of how I literally cannot buy proper Coca Cola (made with cane sugar, not HFCS) unless I buy it from some shaddy Mexican bottling plant or stock up on the Kosher stuff during passover.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

They have already made the Japanese version of the game for this year. I don't see why they wouldn't change the words into English and sell it here. How hard could it be to do it?
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

LOL, no MLBPP but we get the Bigs 2?

Ughh, 2k you really know how to alienate baseball fans.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #5

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

That sucks because the new MLB PP was going to have a World Baseball Classic mode. Stupid move by 2K from a fan's POV but it makes business sense since The Bigs out sold MLB PP but I still rather play MLB PP. I guess I'm going to have to import.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
That sucks because the new MLB PP was going to have a World Baseball Classic mode. Stupid move by 2K from a fan's POV but it makes business sense since The Bigs out sold MLB PP but I still rather play MLB PP. I guess I'm going to have to import.
I don't really see how it makes sense from a business perspective. I'm not going to buy The Bigs because Power Pros isn't available. Maybe some might but really how many? The two games couldn't be more different from each other except for both being baseball games. Some suit probably said "why are we distributing a game we didn't make when we have one we did" and that's how it's going down. Well at least I have 2008 but these just aren't happy years for gamers.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I don't have any sales figures from last year, but I'm willing to bet Power Pros did not do that well. I went to a Gamestop on release day just outside of Boston and they received 1. At the time of release there were similar reports all across the country about stores getting 1 or 2 on release day.

It sucks, but we are in the minority. There just doesn't seem to be a big enough market for Power Pros. I really have no reason to keep my PS2 around now.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 04-21-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
Sno
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon6 Re: Is MLB Power Pro series dead?

Oh man i dont want to believe it. I mena i just got the 2008 ver. and im already looking forward to 09 and the basball classic mode. well ive got rosetta stone for japanese. Sounds like I might hafta start brushin up! =/

Oh I had a few Qs on mlb life mode if someone can help me out.

1. Is it true you can only enter free agency after your 5th or 6th season with a team?

2. how do you propose to a lady?

Thanks and GL to all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »