Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (Gamespot) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
What EA post?

If true this is a major disappointment. What will it take to get it through the thick heads at EA that not all of us are 14 years old sitting in our parents basements playing games all day. I just don't have the time to spend so much effort unlocking courses. They never released a cheat code last year for PS3 users so I don't hold much hope this year. Why does EA think that locking the courses is such a good idea, it's so stupid. I get so frustrated trying to beat everything to unlock the course that it almost ruins the game each year (until I give up and play season mode andjust never finish unlocking the course). I hope this new tournament challenge mode is more fun then the tidieous Tiger challenge of past games. The video didn't really show enough to get a good feel of what exactly you will be doing. Seriously, having to unlock course is so lame, this has me a little depressed about this game now.

Hey EA, maybe you could start locking stadiums in other games like Madden and NCAA and force us to do stupid challenges to unlock them if it such a good idea.
I can't say I blame you for being disappointed. I am not completely sure why they do this, but I have to think this is some way (a bad one I might add) of getting the user to "qualify" like Q-School to be able to play these courses by accomplishing offline tasks. From what I saw of Tournament Challenge, it is vastly improved over the previous and tedious Tiger Challenge from the past couple of years. I wish they would go ahead and do a tru Q-School with character progression if they insist on locking courses and making you accomplish objectives to unlock them. The only good news in this is that you can play ANY course online the day you get the game. I am looking forward to Tournament Challenge this year because it does look VERY compelling from what I saw at Tiburon. No more one-ball or bingo-bango-bongo is what I am hearing as well.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I dont think it is right that we have to unlock courses. It is advertised that there are 16 courses in the game so we should be able to play any one of them when we want.

After all we have paid for the game, paid for 16 courses so we should be able to play them without unlocking
Old 04-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 24

So does that mean we can't play tour mode until we unlock the courses? I've only played the PC versions of TW because all the past console versions of TW I've tried have pretty much sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

No you can play tour mode without unlocking them. My beef with it is when my wife and I want to play or my dad and not being able to select from all the courses (and of course the most interesting courses are the ones always locked).
Old 04-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 24

I still want four-round tournaments in play now mode.
Until I see that, I won't be entirely satisfied with Tiger.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Rookie

BLB34's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
What EA post?

If true this is a major disappointment. What will it take to get it through the thick heads at EA that not all of us are 14 years old sitting in our parents basements playing games all day. I just don't have the time to spend so much effort unlocking courses. They never released a cheat code last year for PS3 users so I don't hold much hope this year. Why does EA think that locking the courses is such a good idea, it's so stupid. I get so frustrated trying to beat everything to unlock the course that it almost ruins the game each year (until I give up and play season mode andjust never finish unlocking the course). I hope this new tournament challenge mode is more fun then the tidieous Tiger challenge of past games. The video didn't really show enough to get a good feel of what exactly you will be doing. Seriously, having to unlock course is so lame, this has me a little depressed about this game now.

Hey EA, maybe you could start locking stadiums in other games like Madden and NCAA and force us to do stupid challenges to unlock them if it such a good idea.
Sorry, I was referring to the recent post on the EA Sports inside blog. I totally agree, unlocking courses is a joke. I didn't realize that there wasn't a PS3 unlock cheat last year, so unless they release one this year I'll be very disappointed.

Another feature that really needs to be added is the ability to create a "Pro" golfer - one that has good enough stats from day one to go out and compete on tour (although you cannot improve that stats). This was possible on the PC versions. Like you said, some people don't have the time to invest in the Tiger challenges to build a competitive golfer from scratch but would rather jump right into tournament mode. I wonder how long it's going to take to even get back to par with the features that have been in the PC versions for years? Not to be totally negative... the game is looking great and I'm sure I'll buy both the PS3 and Wii versions, but it's these little things that seem so easy to address that frustrates me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »