Home

EA Denies NFL Lawsuit Rumors

This is a discussion on EA Denies NFL Lawsuit Rumors within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Denies NFL Lawsuit Rumors

Joystiq has the scoop.

Quote:
"Responding to questions regarding allegations made by retired NFL player Bernie Parrish, perennial Madden publisher, EA, told GamesIndustry.biz that it is, "Not aware of any legal action." Parrish wrote an open letter recently to the 2,062 retired NFLers who won $28 million in a lawsuit with the NFL last January, asking that they each put $1,000 of their stake from the last victory into a "litigation War Chest."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: EA Denies NFL Lawsuit Rumors

Hmmm very interresting. EA denies lawsuit.LOL It seems that EA doesn't not care much bout the hall of famers all. But they cared about them enough to use their names in the madden games. But yet when it comes to paying them what they rightfully deserve. EA is a out right greedy company. I mean they make billions of dollars each year of of their games. But yet they can't seat there and give a few thousands HOF players a few million each for using their name in a video game. HMMM greedy greedy greedy. I love some of EA games. But when it comes to cheating people. It's wrong. They deserve to be sued. Deny all they want. But it's all true.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #3
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Hmmm very interresting. EA denies lawsuit.LOL It seems that EA doesn't not care much bout the hall of famers all. But they cared about them enough to use their names in the madden games. But yet when it comes to paying them what they rightfully deserve. EA is a out right greedy company. I mean they make billions of dollars each year of of their games. But yet they can't seat there and give a few thousands HOF players a few million each for using their name in a video game. HMMM greedy greedy greedy. I love some of EA games. But when it comes to cheating people. It's wrong. They deserve to be sued. Deny all they want. But it's all true.
did you read what you just wrote? give a few thousand hof players a few million dollars each? at minimum, that would be 9 billion dollars total.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
did you read what you just wrote? give a few thousand hof players a few million dollars each? at minimum, that would be 9 billion dollars total.
Reading is overated.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Reading is overated.
Reading is also un-sim.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
Well alot of these of these HOF players names have been used in madden games over the years quite a few times. So they deserve it. And dude 9 billion is way overboard don't you think. In this lawsuit is about 2100 HOF altogether. 2 million per person comes around 400 million dollars. And for the record EA alone in 3 months last year brought in over a billion dollars in profit off of their games sales. I don't think paying 2100 HOF players 400 million is going to even hurt there pockets much. EA is a yearly billion dollar company. So guys sue away to get your money for this greedy company.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Well alot of these of these HOF players names have been used in madden games over the years quite a few times. So they deserve it. And dude 9 billion is way overboard don't you think. In this lawsuit is about 2100 HOF altogether. 2 million per person comes around 400 million dollars. And for the record EA alone in 3 months last year brought in over a billion dollars in profit off of their games sales. I don't think paying 2100 HOF players 400 million is going to even hurt there pockets much. EA is a yearly billion dollar company. So guys sue away to get your money for this greedy company.
Unbelievable. I was just a lurker, but I had to sign up to comment on this.

As has been said, millions X thousands = BILLIONS.

You remember that you said paying THOUSANDS of players

2100 * 2 million ≠ 400 million.

When you multiply thousands times millions you NEVER get millions back.

2100 * 2 million = 4,200,000,000

In words that is 4.2 BILLION dollars... NOT 400 million. (hint: to get 400 million, you would need to change your 2 million to 2 thousand- use google calculator. Type into google the following: "two thousand * 2100")

According to wikipedia, Madden 09 sold around 2 million copies.

2 million * $60 = 120 million dollars.

That means, in order to pay these players what you have suggested, EA would have to sell Madden 09 every year, WITHOUT pocketing a single dime and without paying employees, for the next 35 years...

Don't skip any more math classes!!!

Last edited by MathFail; 04-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Reading is overated.
So is spelling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »