Home

MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Based on what Russell_SCEA posted.... Does this mean that pressing R2 for a dive to come up with the ball will still result in a throw to home plate (if I held the R2 button down till the ball was in my glove) even though I never pressed the X button to throw home? (R2 is an undocumented throw to home button)

Basically, why make the R2 button have the same function as the X button when it can only end up hurting the game but at the same time serves no additional function. This was also an issue in MLB 08. I am not a programmer but how hard can it be to disable the R2 button from throwing the ball to home plate?

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 04-27-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooteristkai
Why is it that the original thread has been closed???
Probably because this one will be tagged for the front page. My guess, anyway. edit: Yep, Mill said it

Great to see the Wrigley schedule and replay glitch fixed, and as someone who generally suffers from bandwidth issues at certain times, I think the bandwidth footprint lowering will make a bigger difference than some of you guys realize.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Color me not impressed with the patch as my #1 issue "roster control ON" not fixed. Why in the world do they say it is fixed when it's not, did scea not even try playing a game with rosters adjusted? Maybe next year instead of a free hat or whatever they can include a free controller with the game to fix this issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
Rookie

sox73b3's Arena

OVR: 5

Based on the list, it looks like they weren't able to fix the DL problem (60 Day DL does not open up a spot on the 40 man as it should).

I haven't played post patch yet, can anyone else confirm this?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

We should have a designated OS staff member to correspond with Russell (SCEA) too get all these questions answered. Russell submitted the patch list and it seems we haven't gotten much further. This is totally insane. Question after question continues, things going in circles and still alot of sad faces.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Color me not impressed with the patch as my #1 issue "roster control ON" not fixed. Why in the world do they say it is fixed when it's not, did scea not even try playing a game with rosters adjusted? Maybe next year instead of a free hat or whatever they can include a free controller with the game to fix this issue.

Hahaha. I agree completely with you, but prepare to get killed by the SCEA apologists.

What's funny to me is that with all the glitches/bugs/issues and all the fixes/patches/workarounds, the best way to play this game may well be with a fantasy draft.

It seems the more people try to get things as they are in real life the more hoop jumping they have to do to get there, only to realize they're jumping through that hoop and into a puddle of mud.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #15
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox73b3
Based on the list, it looks like they weren't able to fix the DL problem (60 Day DL does not open up a spot on the 40 man as it should).

I haven't played post patch yet, can anyone else confirm this?
This one bothers me a lot.
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

To the person who asked about the 60 day DL:

I tried placing a guy on the 60 day DL and still no luck. He is still on the 40 man roster and cannot be removed. I was really hyped up about this. Oh well, maybe next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »