Home

MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here

This is a discussion on MLB 09: The Show Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion Here within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #17
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: New Patch Released 4/27/09 - Impressions and Discussion

Did SCEA "dump" all of the pre-patch rosters out of the Roster Vault?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Did SCEA "dump" all of the pre-patch rosters out of the Roster Vault?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #19
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Just FYI to make sure guys know this since it is a new thread.

Apparently the DH fatigue issue is still there. I have not looked at this myself.

I have extensively tested CPU roster control ON lineups. I have tested them with all rosters including today's SCEA roster. They do NOT stick when you actually get in the game you are playing.

They appear correct until you get into the game, then they are wrong.
Pitching rotations do stick for both CPU roster control ON and OFF.

Historical career stat glitch: SCEA 4/20 and 4/27 rosters work (meaning no career stat glitch). Anything made before that do NOT. Before when SCEA would release a new roster, the anthing before it turned into a pumpkin and got the career stat glitch. SCEA roster 4/20 did not this time, so I believe the career stat glitch is gone on those rosters. I have checked many players and have yet to find a problem with these 2 rosters and any players on them.

Knights, Ridins, and anyones rosters before 4/20 will have the career stat glitch still if they are on your HDD. I am not sure what will happen when those guys reload their rosters into the vault (which was cleared). I suspect the career stat glitch will still be there, but who knows.

Below is a workaround I posted on another thread for the CPU roster control ON (ON only) lineups. You need to have a second controller for it to work.

########################################

OK guys, I have GREAT news for CPU roster control ON guys!

The lineups do get messed up when you sim the spring training or end spring training.

After you sim spring training, go in and redo all the lineups the way you want them. (I put Helton batting 3rd for instance)

Then, when you sim regular season games, the box scores show Helton and guys like that in the correct place in the lineup with CPU roster control ON. With CPU Roster control off, I guess you won't be able to change the computer lineups however after they get shuffled during spring training.

Then, for the games you play, just use the 2 controller method (see below) I stated earlier, and that takes care of your opponents lineups for the game you play. If you set the CPU lineups in roster control and then use the second controller, you won't even have to put the correct lineups in again unlike before.

For historical stats (and to avoid the glitch), if you use any roster created using the 4/20 or 4/27 (todays) SCEA rosters, you will NOT have a historical stat glitch.

I am good now.

Found a workaround to CPU roster control ON lineups, simmed and non simmed.
Cubs schedule fixed.
Historical stat glitch fixed on 4/20 and 4/27 based lineups.
I am a happy camper now . Sure, it's not perfect, but it has workarounds.

Second controller method

1. Have 2 controller ready by turning them both ON

2. Go to play your game in the schedule in Franchise or Season.

3. Press X to Play your teams games

4. Press X until you get to the controller select screen.

5. Move your controller 1 to your team. Move controller 2 to the team you are playing against.

6. Press X on both controllers (can also select uniforms here).

7. Choose your starting pitcher for each team with each controller.

8. Change the lineups for the team you are playing against with controller 2 and and move it up to accept lineup, but don't press X yet.

9. Make any changes you want for your lineup and then press x to accept lineup.

10. Once the game starts, press the start button on controller 2.

11. Select Controller select.

12. Move the controller 2 icon back to the middle (to have the CPU control that team again). Then press the circle button.

13. You are ready to play. Just resume the game with either controller.

14. The CPU behaves like it does any other time, doing subs, pitching changes, pinch runners, etc. so don't worry about that aspect.

Also, there seems to be a way around it from
dbcaler:

One other work around is to enter the game from the sportscast simulator, if you edit the lineups, they do stick, but you have to have 2 controllers once again to edit the computers. Once the sim starts, just enter the game before any action, and put the 2nd controller back to the computer.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
Hahaha. I agree completely with you, but prepare to get killed by the SCEA apologists.

What's funny to me is that with all the glitches/bugs/issues and all the fixes/patches/workarounds, the best way to play this game may well be with a fantasy draft.

It seems the more people try to get things as they are in real life the more hoop jumping they have to do to get there, only to realize they're jumping through that hoop and into a puddle of mud.
That's just not true. I am playing with Knights rosters and no patch and have every single roster as it a in real life. Every team has their regular lead off hitter as well as their real 3rd and 4th hitters. So, it can be done if you really want it to be.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
Color me not impressed with the patch as my #1 issue "roster control ON" not fixed. Why in the world do they say it is fixed when it's not, did scea not even try playing a game with rosters adjusted? Maybe next year instead of a free hat or whatever they can include a free controller with the game to fix this issue.
This is what I think.
They tested it by looking at the lineups before the game starts. They are correct at that point. Once the game starts, they are not correct.

Or, they tested it with spring training games possibly? The lineups get jumbled after spring training when you sim or just end it. I am not sure what happens if you just play them. I am also not sure if the lineups stick with CPU roster control ON for spring training. I will look tonight when I get home.

Either way, QA was not very detail oriented if they thought it was fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

As far as I know, Knight did some Atribute changes which cause the rosters to be "better".
BUT the historical stats glitch is still in affect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
That's just not true. I am playing with Knights rosters and no patch and have every single roster as it a in real life. Every team has their regular lead off hitter as well as their real 3rd and 4th hitters. So, it can be done if you really want it to be.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Hahaha. I agree completely with you, but prepare to get killed by the SCEA apologists.

What's funny to me is that with all the glitches/bugs/issues and all the fixes/patches/workarounds, the best way to play this game may well be with a fantasy draft.

It seems the more people try to get things as they are in real life the more hoop jumping they have to do to get there, only to realize they're jumping through that hoop and into a puddle of mud.
Not everyone plays with CPU Roster control on.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #24
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:

That bolded part is probably true, lol. But, my CPU roste control ON workaround isn't too bad once you redo all the lineups after simming/ending spring training , then use a 2nd controller (which isn't too big of a pain unless you don't have one).

with CPU roster control OFF, I think people should just accept the CPU will do what it wants even if it is leading off Todd Helton (in that case edit him or use Knight's lineup fix rosters).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »