Home

Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

This is a discussion on Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

Console Monster has the scoop.

Quote:
"The upcoming MotoGP videogame promises to take the series in a totally new and exciting direction, whilst remaining faithful to the world’s premier motorcycling championship. Players will be rewarded for more than simply crossing the finishing line first and the game is set to include full and in-depth gameplay modes that deliver compelling online and offline content above and beyond the standard race experiences.

Rik Alexander commented “We’re working very closely with Capcom to take the MotoGP franchise to new heights. No-one would question the experience of our team - what’s amazing is the sheer energy which they’re bringing to the project. Like Capcom, they want this to surpass everything that’s come before, and so far they’re very much on track."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

Sounds good. Looking forward to all the new features that will be included in MotoGP 09. The former Climax staff members who are involved with the development of this game should help get the online features up to par with the older MotoGP games. I can't emphasize enough how poorly the online stuff was handled in 08.

Kruza
Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

It can't be any worse then 07 or 08, so I think a new direction is needed. I realize Capcom only made 08 but to be honest, SBK blue it outta the water. Now if we can just start getting SBK released at the same time between Europe and the US or atleast make it to where we could play each other online.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon5 Re: Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

This is slightly off-topic but I am curious about SBK-09. I know SBK-09 releases in Europe later this month, but when is this game going to get to North America? I may have to get SBK-08 if it takes far too long for the current version to get over here.

Kruza
Old 05-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Another MotoGP Coming From Capcom with a New Direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
This is slightly off-topic but I am curious about SBK-09. I know SBK-09 releases in Europe later this month, but when is this game going to get to North America? I may have to get SBK-08 if it takes far too long for the current version to get over here.

Kruza
To be honest, I really don't think anyone has a clue. I think the problem is that it's being published by two different people, one for Europe and one for the US. That's the reason it took a aditional six months for SBK 08 to hit the shelves in the US, then when it did they had dropped the 08 moniker and just make it SBK World Championship.

OS seems to think it's releasing this month but no indication if that's includes US, which as far as I can tell it does not. So it may be another six months before we actually see it in the US, kinda like with 08. Only problem with 08 was the fact that US and Europe couldn't play each other online, so the online for that game is dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »