Home

Forza 3 Discussion...

This is a discussion on Forza 3 Discussion... within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Source: Forza 3 Will Release This Christmas

I've just started playing Forza 2 again and I'm hooked. This news just told me what I'm asking for for Christmas. And 100+ tracks? Awesome. I'm bored of the same tracks on F2.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #18
Pro

br329's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I've just started playing Forza 2 again and I'm hooked. This news just told me what I'm asking for for Christmas. And 100+ tracks? Awesome. I'm bored of the same tracks on F2.
I agree man! As much as I love Laguna Seca I get bored after the 100 time. And I want to see more then 8 cars. make it atleast 16.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #19
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by br329
I agree man! As much as I love Laguna Seca I get bored after the 100 time. And I want to see more then 8 cars. make it atleast 16.
Exactly. It almost feels like I can run some tracks with my eyes closed...
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #20
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Exactly. It almost feels like I can run some tracks with my eyes closed...
Yeah but can you do it fast.... lol

Well my thoughts are that 1) I'm pumped and 2) I'm wondering if this game will have the necessary improvements to the actual racing that it needs. I think it is actually more realistic than Race Pro in a LOT of ways, but Race Pro has better feedback and you feel more connected to the track. Also, I don't think there's any way that they can include all these cars and still have an in-car view. Which I think is definitely superior to the current available views.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #21
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah but can you do it fast.... lol

Well my thoughts are that 1) I'm pumped and 2) I'm wondering if this game will have the necessary improvements to the actual racing that it needs. I think it is actually more realistic than Race Pro in a LOT of ways, but Race Pro has better feedback and you feel more connected to the track. Also, I don't think there's any way that they can include all these cars and still have an in-car view. Which I think is definitely superior to the current available views.
I will be disappointed if Forza 3 doesn't have a cockpit view. I'm hopeful we get a TOCA style cockpit view that Dan Greenawalt mentioned in the past.

Quote:
Apparently we're not going to receive a cockpit view this time around but will there be a bonnet view? This was probably the only camera complaint I had about Forza 1.

Personally, I think GT Legends on the PC has the best implementation, especially when combined with TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/). In GT Legends you can use TrackIR to look down at your virtual feet and watch the driver use the clutch – simply incredible. However, I like the default cockpit view to be more forward and focused like TOCA. Again personally, I don't want to see the wheel and the dashboard when I'm racing. I want to see the A-Pillar, top couple centimetres of the dash/wheel and the windshield.

From a design perspective, cockpit view can be cool for several reasons - all depending on the implementation: 1) it can better emulate a real driving perspective and audio, thus it can be more immersive, 2) it can give the player better car to environment context, 3) using camera movement, it can provide a better sense of accelerative gravitational forces and "seat-o-the-pants" driving, 4) it can provide a player a chance to test drive a rare car that he/she would never get to in real-life.

On the other hand, in car view isn't all roses: 1) Like disabling Transmission, ABS and Traction Control assists, it makes driving more difficult, 2) unlike disabling Transmission, ABS and Traction Control assists, taking the added difficulty does not carry any potential for better lap times, 3) Up-res'ing one interior could take as much time as adding one new car to the game and we have 300 cars that would need the up-res'ed interiors, 4) Forza features a Weight Reduction Upgrade that would require us to build multiple high polygon versions of most interiors for each upgrade level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Source: Forza 3 Will Release This Christmas

I wouldn't hold my breath to anticipate having an in-car view in Forza 3. After all the complaints/pleads/cravings by many people during development of Forza 2 to have it after this feature was bypassed in the original Forza, there was no excuse for Forza 2 to not have it... yet Forza 2 releases and our requests weren't answered. I expect the same thing to happen to Forza 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U824942
3. At least one or more real world series: I'd like to run in the Rolex Sports Cars Series (Cut the races down to 1-2 hours) or the American LeMan Series - multiple car classes on the track at the same time. How about an off-road segment (this is next gen, after all)
Good idea. I'd love to see ALMS events included on Forza 3 along with Rolex Sports Cars Series.

Also, bring back Rio de Janeiro, Blue Mountains Raceway (Bathurst) and the long New York street circuits. For some odd reason all of these tracks were included in the original Forza but not Forza 2. And don't forget The Ring -- Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 05-07-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
I wouldn't hold my breath to anticipate having an in-car view in Forza 3. After all the complaints/pleads/cravings by many people during development of Forza 2 to have it after this feature was bypassed in the original Forza, there was no excuse for Forza 2 to not have it... yet Forza 2 releases and our requests weren't answered. I expect the same thing to happen to Forza 3.

Good idea. I'd love to see ALMS events included on Forza 3 along with Rolex Sports Cars Series.

Also, bring back Rio de Janeiro, Blue Mountains Raceway (Bathurst) and the long New York street circuits. For some odd reason all of these tracks were included in the original Forza but not Forza 2. And don't forget The Ring -- Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Kruza
Agreed w/ all of the old tracks - I loved the Blue Mountain Speedway; very technical and you had to have a good setup or you weren't wining. I jut watched the Rolex Sportscar series @ Virginia International Raceway (VIR) - what a great track and the signature oak (? Maple?) at turn 21 (?) is excellent (double apex turn onto a straightaway w/ a big f***ing tree on the inside of the second apex) - nice looking track. Don't know why they couldn't add that one.....
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 46

i am so excited for forza 3, it is going to be awesome

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »