Home

NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online

This is a discussion on NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
DISCLAIMER: Operation Sports neither condones, promotes nor endorses drinking & skating.
Can I start a beer league?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Can I start a beer league?
Can I play?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Yeah, Defense is definitely the easiest to keep an A-. Position is an easy A, Team play is an easy B+/A if you play smart and Stats just depends on if you can get a point or keep your +/- high during a game.

Had zero points in a game but +/- of four and I finished with A+/A/A-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendX
Yeah, Defense is definitely the easiest to keep an A-. Position is an easy A, Team play is an easy B+/A if you play smart and Stats just depends on if you can get a point or keep your +/- high during a game.

Had zero points in a game but +/- of four and I finished with A+/A/A-

Jeez. I couldn't keep my team play up (I was a scorer though so I turned it over a lot). I think I finished with A/B+/A+
Old 05-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Jeez. I couldn't keep my team play up (I was a scorer though so I turned it over a lot). I think I finished with A/B+/A+
I don't have my legend yet, that was just an example of one game as a defenseman.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
Pro

Lubey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Can I play?
Anyone over 21 can play.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7
Basically, playing in the OTP, you will NEVER EVER EVER be able to obtain your legend card, unless you use the tactics that many consider cheese. NEVER. EVER. EVER. A nice article if we lived in a perfect world, however, once reality sets in, it is quite obvious that unless you play with people you know, preferably in club games, be prepared to get up to a B+ at best, and then watch your rating plummet as the next 4 or 5 games you play, your mates will not play as a team. And quiting only hurts your cause, as you get all F's, even when you are playing with a human goalie on your team that keeps coming out of the net . Not trying to be a negative Nelly, just saying how it is in the pick-up games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
This is not true at all, as I was able to make the A- grade playing OTP games exclusively with strangers, using a variety of positions including C (first preference), LD (second preference), and LW (third preference).

Yes, your success is always somewhat dependent on the team around you, but of the three rating categories (positioning, team play, and stats), the only one of the three categories your teammates should ever affect is stats, which is a fairly easy category to keep at a high rating so long as you are halfway decent at the game.

I actually found that the times my rating suffered the most was in the club games, but that's just because friends, as much as I like playing with them, just aren't that good at the game; furthermore, because none of us are interested in abusing cheese tactics, we usually get dominated by the midget teams and glitch goalers that run rampant across the EASHL lobbies.

So yes, you can have success in club games if you have a full team of great NHL 09 players, but for the average NHL 09 player, who probably isn't a part of an amazing club, OTP games are likely the easiest route to take for getting that A- grade.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-10-2009 at 03:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »