Home

NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online

This is a discussion on NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #17
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 09: Tips for Earning Your Legend Card Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
This is not true at all, as I was able to make the A- grade playing OTP games exclusively with strangers, using a variety of positions including C (first preference), LD (second preference), and LW (third preference).

Yes, your success is always somewhat dependent on the team around you, but of the three rating categories (positioning, team play, and stats), the only one of the three categories your teammates should ever affect is stats, which is a fairly easy category to keep at a high rating so long as you are halfway decent at the game.

I actually found that the times my rating suffered the most was in the club games, but that's just because friends, as much as I like playing with them, just aren't that good at the game; furthermore, because none of us are interested in abusing cheese tactics, we usually get dominated by the midget teams and glitch goalers that run rampant across the EASHL lobbies.

So yes, you can have success in club games if you have a full team of great NHL 09 players, but for the average NHL 09 player, who probably isn't a part of an amazing club, OTP games are likely the easiest route to take for getting that A- grade.
I could not disagree more with most of this post. #1 Your teamplay stats are indeed dependant on what you do and also with how your teammates play. If you have a powerplay and no one scores, that is a negative on your teamplay. Also if your defense makes stupid passes close to you, you also take a hit for a turnover. If you have half way decent players on your club, it is 100 times easier to obtain your legend card than it is in random OTP. Congrats on obtaining yours in this mode, but I would be willing to bet that you are one of few that have been able to playing among the idiot demographic that is random OTP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »