Home

UFC 2009 Undisputed Detailed Fighter Stats w/ Screenshots

This is a discussion on UFC 2009 Undisputed Detailed Fighter Stats w/ Screenshots within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Some Detailed Fighter Stats (Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan49er
Some of those ratings seem a bit on the low side...Lesnar with 82 strength, Wand and Anderson with striking offense in the 70s, highest rating on there was Cro Cops kick offense at 92...GSP hasn't missed a takedown in like 3 or 4 fights and has become probably the most dominant wrestler in the UFC but his takedowns are at 88 and his ground striking is terrible. Theres no ratings for chin, body, cuts, or heart. And whats with Hendo's ridiculously low sub defense? Apparently, nobody has seen his fights against Big Nog. Not to mention he's the slowest fighter with stats listed. The good news is, from the demo, the game looks awesome, I have issues with the ratings though.
We've come to expect a rating out of 100 and assume a bunch of things because of it. If the developers tweeked the attributes so that it plays the best 'representative' game for each guy - that's what counts. If you notice GSP for example, he is rated 94 I believe overall, but doesn't have one single stat in the 90s.

Secondly I think Chin would be striking defence and how effective the block is too.

And as others have said, Brock could ko w/ one punch so it's more of a power thing imo, thus it being higher than other guys.

I'm wondering if 49 is the lowest possible rating - since brock's and others kicks would be there.

If you look at all the ratings in a relative kind of way, they make a lot of sense to me. And I like how some of the ratings especially the 3 core ones are modest - we want it to play well and be a good representation - if these ratings do that under the hood, that's all that counts.

edit - just to add...someone on sherdog was complaining gsp's takedown off isn't higher...but these rating also affect what they do in the octagon, so gsp will strike, but if his tkdwn was higher, maybe all he'd do in the game is go for them more than Rua on expert.

Last edited by allBthere; 05-13-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Rookie

whoady4shoady's Arena

OVR: 6

These ratings are a big let down IMHO. Many of them are a mess. By the way cro cop has some of the strongest strikes while being extremely accurate in the process with his hands. He has always been known for his great kicks, but also his super acurate hands, that while not the strongest in the game, will put you down pretty fast.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
All Star

allBthere's Arena

That's too bad...just read through a bunch of threads and one guy who has the game and is doing a review is spilling a bunch of beans. Everything seems good, but the CAF nicknames are only 10 strong. That's right, 100 CAF slots, but only 10 nicknames.

I'll be using "The Doctor" for me.
off the top of my head the others were;

hands of stone
Buzzsaw
Quick Silver
El ____ (steriotypical latino name)
the fury (or something close)
Razon Sharp
...that's all I can remember for now, the last 3 were probably too 'forgettable'.

this guy's review will be posted friday, and either I'll link it then or someone else will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Can you link it now, wherever you are reading?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Flash KO High Kick with Cro Cop here I come.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady
These ratings are a big let down IMHO. Many of them are a mess. By the way cro cop has some of the strongest strikes while being extremely accurate in the process with his hands. He has always been known for his great kicks, but also his super acurate hands, that while not the strongest in the game, will put you down pretty fast.
He also stunk it up in the UFC big time. His ratings are probably more based on his UFC performances, which were rather poor.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Can you link it now, wherever you are reading?
I read the sherdog link and someone posted a link to the undisputed.net forums where they posted a preview - and the previewer kept posting things including the pics in sherdog, and other info. I think it's the 3rd page of the sherdog thread is where the other link is. After that it's like 30 pages of occassional posts by the previewer and questions from the mob.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #16
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah people need to keep that in mind when it comes to former Pride fighters. They might have been the bomb in Pride, but in the UFC they were the dud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »